humyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humyo

If I did this right, this link gives you access to my videos folder. This folder contains all the data I have not packed away in anticipation of moving. Dave

We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

inventory as of 5/26-2010

The commercial section of the 1888 directory, labeled by letter in pdf form. (ex. 1888 com a)
    the 1888 and 1889 streets in the murder district. ex (1888 md,1889 md)
    all the bacon map sheets I have fitted to google earth. Labeled as Bacon and a kmz file.
    all the streets from the 1888 directory ex (a streets, b streets ...ect)

The murder district is defined as the area within stright lines connecting the crime scenes. See image. Dave
    Attached Files

Comment

try two

Here is another stab at the right link. Dave

Comment

instructions

I think I might have learned something! The link takes you to a folder. You must then click on "my files" in the top right to get a list of files in the folder. Then just make your selection. Sorry for the unclearness, I am learning file sharing as I go. Dave

Comment

i learned something else!

In the intervening hours something has changed. Now when I follow the link it gives me static about encryption. If you encounter this, scroll down the page and select to go on without encryption. Dave

Comment

I think there is a bit of a problem with this - which makes me feel bad, as I was the one who suggested it (among others).

Using Internet Explorer, after various frustrating navigation around humyo.com, I see the following (screen grab):
            Click image for larger version

Name:	humyo1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	659493

But as humyo seemed to be logging me in automatically even when I deselected "Keep me signed in", I tried using a different browser, and was unable to see more than the single file "1888 md".

I hate to say it, but I wonder whether it may be worth trying one of the other options. I'm sure people will find this material useful, but humyo doesn't make it very easy to get to.

Comment

to Chris

Please give it another try. I am in the process of moving, and if I have to reload all this on another site, I have data packed away that could be added. Thanks and keep me posted. Dave

Comment

for Chris

I just ran the link in IE and had no problem. When you arrive there is a grey bar at the top of the screen with the option of "my files" in it. Click that button and it should work, it just did for me. 6:31 pm cst. Dave

Comment

Protohistorian,

Many thanks for scanning these!

Much appreciated & keep 'em coming!

Jake

PS FYI, it seems that downloading files over 50 Mb requires a humyo account. Luckily there's a 2-week trial...
                  Last edited by Jake L; 05-27-2010, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake L View Post
                    PS FYI, it seems that downloading files over 50 Mb requires a humyo account. Luckily there's a 2-week trial...
                    Curiously I can see all the files now whichever browser I use, and whether I'm logged in or not. After using the URL in message number 1, I followed the link labelled "View all the files David M. Gates has shared with you".

I think a free humyo account should be sufficient to download all the files.

Comment

Thanks, Chris

Yep, it worked fine in FF the second time around. And yes, the trial acct allows one to download the +50mb files.

The only downside is that the trial expires in 2 weeks, so here's hoping that proto will have some more up before my trial ends..

It's nice to be able to see these (instead of having to interpolate beween 1884 and 1891)

/jake

Comment

Jake

I think what you have is a 14-day trial of the Premium Account. But they also offer a permanent free account that will still allow you to download other people's files (and store up to 5 GB of your own).

Comment

Oh, I missed that. Good to know!
                          Thanks again, Chris!

Comment

did i do it right?

Right in this case is no cost to the user downloads of the data. The url works? Humyo will allow a free account. Are we fine as is? Dave

Comment

kmz folder

I have created a KMZ only folder for those looking for google earth files of places. I will work on expanding this folder as time permits. I have also created a folder in the kmz folder that can be used to deposit kmz folders from others i hope. The depositing aspect is being investigated now. Happy plotting. Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X