JtR 3D scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JtR 3D scenes

Is there anything particular that you (as ripperologists) think would benefit from a 3D interpretation?

Or something that I've already made in 3D but would benefit from redoing/making better?

A 3D scene or a visual that could help reimagine a ripper related subject?

Looking for ideas for new ripper related 3D projects, please.

thanks
    R
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Originally posted by richardh View Post
    Is there anything particular that you (as ripperologists) think would benefit from a 3D interpretation?

Or something that I've already made in 3D but would benefit from redoing/making better?

thanks
    R
    I would like to see a 3d mock up of Castle Alley, Richard. You do such great work.

Comment

thanks
      R
      Hi Richardh,
      I have already said on these boards that the site of the murder of Polly Nichols is a problematic one.
      Photographs show that looking left from the murder site seems to show factories curving off to the left, whereas her murder site is right at the beginning of occupied houses.

I have always been puzzled as to why the killer would commit the crime right next to houses that people could easily be coming to or going from.
      It is incredibly risky.

However if he committed the crime further up the road towards the factories his chance of being caught would be greatly reduced.
      Also, if he committed the murder close to where the street curves to the left, he would have a good view of both ends of the street and would be able to see anyone approaching from either end.

So my choice would be a 3D walkthrough (or walkdown) Bucks Row.

Comment

I also vote for Buck's Row. Much current discussion focuses there, and flat maps can only help so much.
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

Okay, I'm going to start work on a 3D of Bucks Row Because I need to focus on something fresh! I've been working for a few weeks on Miller's Court again, and I have to say I need a rest from that tiny court and No13!
          Would be useful if Casebook folk could post some links to good reference photos, maps and anything else that will help with the re/construction of Bucks Row.

thanks
          JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
          JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
          JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Comment

Okay, I'm going to start work on a 3D of Bucks Row Because I need to focus on something fresh! I've been working for a few weeks on Miller's Court again, and I have to say I need a rest from that tiny court and No13!
            Would be useful if Casebook folk could post some links to good reference photos, maps and anything else that will help with the re/construction of Bucks Row.

thanks
            Looking forward to the results.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
            X