CNN has lost all credibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
    Hi, Ginger. I came to Columbus in 96 (on a government contract!). I was sure those guys in the logo (and the name itself) represented the fact that the roads were constantly under construction ("were" may be the incorrect word to use).
    Unless there's been massive progress made since yesterday, "were" is, in fact, an ill-advised word choice. And that may well be where it came from. I didn't move here until 2002.

Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
    The thing I remember most was the fans. What complete asses they were. These were people I heard lamenting the fact that soccer wasn't popular in the states....only they became very prickly if anyone tried to join their little club. They were awful to newcomers who didn't know as much as they did and behaved as if anyone not indoctrinated into the sport's subculture at an early age had no business crashing their party.
    That's American soccer in general, really, although attitudes are getting rather more relaxed as our national team's efforts result in less consistent inflictions of humiliation. That's why I found such pungent irony in the logo's pretense to populism.
    - Ginger

Comment

• Heh. The Listverse author's guide (http://listverse.com/authors/listverse-author-guide.pdf) now classifies CNN among the "tabloid and fake news sites" that can't be used as citations:

Some sources are always off-limits: tabloids and “Fake News” sites like HuffingtonPost, Buzzfeed, Daily Mail, National Enquirer, The Sun, Mirror, Metro, CNN, Examiner.
      - Ginger

Comment

• No news outlet should be used as a citation; NBC, CNN, BBC, do not make news, they only report it. A genuine source is the person they interviewed, or where they obtained their story.

I remember Trump once complained that "the National Enquirer never get the credit they deserve". Which likely gave a hint as to where he gets most of his "fake-news facts" from.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
          No news outlet should be used as a citation; NBC, CNN, BBC, do not make news, they only report it. A genuine source is the person they interviewed, or where they obtained their story.
          It's gonna put a bit of a dent in Ripperology if we decide that news reports are no longer valid sources.
          - Ginger

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger View Post
            It's gonna put a bit of a dent in Ripperology if we decide that news reports are no longer valid sources.
            It isn't difficult to determine when your source is long dead, or alive and available.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
            X