Was JK Stephen interviewed in 1888?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was JK Stephen interviewed in 1888?

Someone has just emailed me to say that J K Stephen was interviewed by Abberline just after the Jack the Ripper murders. I believe this was mentioned in Melvyn Fairclough's book. Does anyone have any further information about this as I have recently had a book published (The prince, His Tutor and the Ripper) and did not come up with any evidence for this theory.

Can you let me know otherwise?
    Deborah McDonald
    Author: 'The Prince, His Tutor and the Ripper'

Another reason why Fairclough's sources should not be trusted. The Prince, his Tutor and the Ripper is a well-researched account of Stephen's life, and infinitely preferable as a source of info about JKS than The Ripper & The Royals.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Hi Deborah,

The information Fairclough was working with came from a document alleged to have been written by Abberline but which was clearly a forgery produced by Joseph Gorman at the time.

There's never been any information from reliable sources that supports the idea that Abberline interviewed J.K. Stephen after the murders, or even that Abberline would have had any reason to do so.

Dan Norder
      Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
      Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Dear Sam

Thanks for the flattering comments about my book. Yes I set out to be as factual as possible - suing primary sources for anything remotely controversial etc.

Thanks again

Deborah McDonald
        Deborah McDonald

Comment

Dear Dan

Yes, that is what I thought. Just checking in case I had missed something.

Regards

Deborah
          Deborah McDonald

Comment

Working...
          X