Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Bond - a few documents

Evening everybody

In the process of reviewing the medical coroner reports, I've been slightly side tracked by the man behind Dr Bond, "The First Criminal Analyst", and looked some of his info up on ancestry.

Having been born to a yeoman farmer (Thomas Bond) in Durston Somerset, he was seconded to his maternal uncle (Edwin Hearne) where he is listed as a medical student in Southampton in 1861. He later married Rosa Sophia Hayes, the daughter of Judge Sir George Hayes. He had many children (see following images) and was even a Freemason for the Masonic theorists amongst you. Hopefully some of the documents are posted below (I'll try).

Paul

Struggling to post from my iPad, will need to adjust sizings and try through laptop.

Apologies

Paul

Comment

Dr Hearn's Biography

Here is Dr Hearne's "Life of the Fellows by Plarr" biography link

Comment

I'm sure most have this, Plarr's Bond entry

Comment

Details of Bond's Lodge

Comment

His 1890 entry in the medical register
            Attached Files

Comment

Doctor Who?

Comment

The 1881 census report for the 7 Sanctuary household
                Attached Files

Comment

And second part
                  Attached Files

Comment

The biogs and obits of Bond should be treated with care.
                    Plarrs and the BMJ don't mention his 8 years at the Lock Hospital.All of them have the wrong date for the Bishopstoke derailment,Bond would have been 14 in 1856 and is supposed to have helped with amputations.He was 16 in 1858 when the crash took place,still very young,too young in my opinion.
                    The sub-divisions of his qualifications include -Midwifery-1st Division and Forensic Medicine-3rd Division(obtained sufficient marks for the diploma).So the Forensics Lecturer at Westminster Hospital just scraped through the exam.
                    The story about him delivering a message by riding through enemy lines is highly unlikely as the Austro-Prussian War ended on the day he left to go there and the Prussians were smashing the Austrians on a different front to the Italians,who were running away from them hundreds of miles away.Although he's listed as being in the Prussian Military his main concern is hygeine and containing infection.
                    Ironically,the Ripper mystery was solved over 100 years ago in the BMJ obituary.It's just that nobody until now has treated Bond with suspicion.All of his biogs.contain items that should ring alarm bells.

Comment

Working...
                    X