The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    It says the victim is 13 years of age, is on a mortuary slab and the intestines have protruted by themselves.

Pierre
    Thanks Peter.

So not a crime scene photo, which was my only issue.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
      Then how did Inspector McWilliam see the apron piece from GS matched up at the mortuary by Dr. Brown? He wasn't at the post mortem, was he? McWilliam went directly to the mortuary from the crime scene after the body was removed.
      M'William must have arrived late that morning, as the Lloyds reporter says he left the mortuary about 5:20 am, and Phillips had not arrived yet, but was expected.
      The Post-mortem was only conducted at 2:30 that afternoon at which Dr Phillips took part.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
        M'William must have arrived late that morning, as the Lloyds reporter says he left the mortuary about 5:20 am, and Phillips had not arrived yet, but was expected.
        The Post-mortem was only conducted at 2:30 that afternoon at which Dr Phillips took part.
        Thanks Wick,

I meant that McWilliam wasn't at the post mortem yet saw the apron pieces matched up. So the GS piece must have arrived before 2:30 and not as Trevor suggests.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          Sehr vielen Dank für das, Pierre, aber ich habe es schon übersetzt
          You and Steve both would wish that were true

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
            Thanks Peter.

So not a crime scene photo, which was my only issue.

Steve
            Sorry to disappoint but Pierre is not correct !

Comment

• Originally posted by jerryd View Post
              Then how did Inspector McWilliam see the apron piece from GS matched up at the mortuary by Dr. Brown? He wasn't at the post mortem, was he? McWilliam went directly to the mortuary from the crime scene after the body was removed.
              But he could not have because when the body was stripped the GS piece had not yet been found, and when it was found it was taken to Leman St. We dont have an exact time of the day when Dr Phillips took it to the mortuar but it could not have been before 5.20am because a Star reporter was at the mortuary until that time. So we must assume it was taken to the mortuary prior to the post mortem.

Where does McWilliam state that ?

Comment

Yes, the body was removed from Mitre Square around 3am by Collard and was in the mortuary with clothes removed by 03:45, according to the time written on Foster's mortuary sketch. McWilliam's report says he was at the detective office at that time, having only just heard of the murder, and went from there to Mitre Square, where Collard was back in charge. From there he went to Golden Lane and saw the apron pieces matched.
                I can't find it, but I'm pretty sure there is a report of Long saying he took the piece of apron he found to the Commercial St station, and from there with the inspector to Leman St - where he handed it to a man he later learned was Dr Phillips - and was back on duty in Goulston St around 5am, seeing the graffito erased around 05:30ish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                  Sorry to disappoint but Pierre is not correct !

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                  Now I hate to say this but the translation is almost correct, and I was mistaken, Further research shows the victim in the photo is a 13 year old girl, her body was found outside. The knife shown in the photo is the knife used to cut her throat and to cut open her abdomen.

It still doesn't take away the fact that the victims intestines recoiled outwards, and upwards, and moving the body would not result in them recoiling from an open wound, if they already hadn't done so, unless they tipped the body over, or on its side, because they would have covered the body for transportation.

Comment

Now I hate to say this but the translation is almost correct.
                    The only thing my translation got wonky was her age. I thought the caption said 13½, but that was because of my poor eyesight (I have astigmatism), which sneaked in a phantom "½" symbol, when there was none.
                    Last edited by Sam Flynn; 09-23-2017, 03:00 PM.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

It still doesn't take away the fact that the victims intestines recoiled outwards, and upwards
                      Yes, but only by a few inches. Intestines do not "recoil outwards and upwards" to the extent that they shoot back over a person's thorax and land next to their head. They're full of $hit, not Semtex.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Yes, but only by a few inches. Intestines do not "recoil outwards and upwards" to the extent that they shoot back over a person's thorax and land next to their head. They're full of $hit, not Semtex.
                        Well look at the photo, and where the wound must be. If you imagine the wound to eddowes from pubes to sternum, and then the ripping open. it is quite feasible that the intestines could have recoiled further up than those shown in the photo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                          Yes, the body was removed from Mitre Square around 3am by Collard and was in the mortuary with clothes removed by 03:45, according to the time written on Foster's mortuary sketch. McWilliam's report says he was at the detective office at that time, having only just heard of the murder, and went from there to Mitre Square, where Collard was back in charge. From there he went to Golden Lane and saw the apron pieces matched.
                          I can't find it, but I'm pretty sure there is a report of Long saying he took the piece of apron he found to the Commercial St station, and from there with the inspector to Leman St - where he handed it to a man he later learned was Dr Phillips - and was back on duty in Goulston St around 5am, seeing the graffito erased around 05:30ish.
                          You're correct in all points. The report by PC Long is in Ch. 9 of the Ultimate P. 190 in my edition. It's the same report I referred to back in post 2068.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Well look at the photo, and where the wound must be. If you imagine the wound to eddowes from pubes to sternum, and then the ripping open. it is quite feasible that the intestines could have recoiled further up than those shown in the photo.
                            Sorry, Trevor, but that is physically impossible. With such a lengthy wound, the intestines would more likely "flop" from side to side - they certainly would not shoot out, jack-in-the-box-like, from the abdominal cavity and end up near the head. As Brown says, the intestines "were drawn out... and placed over the right shoulder of the corpse". They'd have to be; they are not coiled springs.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Sorry, Trevor, but that is physically impossible. With such a lengthy wound, the intestines would more likely "flop" from side to side - they certainly would not shoot out, jack-in-the-box-like, from the abdominal cavity and end up near the head. As Brown says, the intestines "were drawn out... and placed over the right shoulder of the corpse". They'd have to be; they are not coiled springs.
                              Ah, but had Brown seen 'Alien' - that might have changed his report.

Comment

You're correct in all points. The report by PC Long is in Ch. 9 of the Ultimate P. 190 in my edition. It's the same report I referred to back in post 2068.
                                http://forum.casebook.org/showpost.p...postcount=2068
                                Many thanks Jon, same page in mine. i wondered where I'd seen it!

Comment

Working...
                                X