No announcement yet.

"The Juwes are the men that will not be blamed for nothing"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't there some controversy over the exact wording?
    One lot of police saying it said 'The Juwes are not the men that will be blamed for nothing' and another lot claiming it was 'The Juwes are the men that will not be blamed for nothing'?

As to the piece of bloodstained apron it is feasible it was picked up in a different area by some wandering dog (e.g.) thinking it was a tasty piece of something and then dropped where it was found.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggyann View Post
      Wasn't there some controversy over the exact wording?
      One lot of police saying it said 'The Juwes are not the men that will be blamed for nothing' and another lot claiming it was 'The Juwes are the men that will not be blamed for nothing'?

As to the piece of bloodstained apron it is feasible it was picked up in a different area by some wandering dog (e.g.) thinking it was a tasty piece of something and then dropped where it was found.
      Hi Maggyann,

There was controversy on not only the content and context of the message but also the spelling of the word "Juwes". Different sources seem to have written different versions, (Jewes, Juewes, Juwes), possibly explained by the fact that Im sure some were written retrospectively and therefore possibly recalled with errors.

The apron section could have made its way there a number of different ways, but it seems probable based on the fact that one of 2 PC's who passed through Goulston after the murder swore it was not there at 2:20 when he passed by, that the section was left sometime between that 2:20 am pass and approximately 5 or 10 minutes before 3am. Lets say a half an hour window.

It could have been brought there by the one Detective who had come to that location from the murder site in Mitre Square at round 2:20...which would mean he lied when he said he didnt see it there of course. It could have been dropped by the killer, found by someone else, and then discarded by them when they realized there was blood and feces on it. It might have been as you say, picked up by some hound that smelled the blood and left by him as he fled when the officers were passing by the area.

But not far above it, written in "good schoolboy hand", was a chalk message, written well below a person of average height's eye level while standing....that for sure wasnt a dog. Not a normal one anyway, although I suppose Lassie might be able to figure a way.

Cheers maggyann

Comment

Surely the streets in the area would have had all kinds of litter lying around so why would this particular piece of 'something' spotted by torchlight in the early hours of the morning even be of enough interest to the policeman for him to examine it whether or not he hadn't noticed it earlier? It could have been there long before he bothered to investigate further. As could the writing that could have been there for days. The area was full of Jews and could refer to any recent contretemps between them and others.
        I remember reading somewhere an opinion that the piece of apron could even have been left in that building entrance by Kate herself after having been used as 'toilet paper' or something along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggyann View Post
          Surely the streets in the area would have had all kinds of litter lying around so why would this particular piece of 'something' spotted by torchlight in the early hours of the morning even be of enough interest to the policeman for him to examine it whether or not he hadn't noticed it earlier? It could have been there long before he bothered to investigate further. As could the writing that could have been there for days. The area was full of Jews and could refer to any recent contretemps between them and others.
          I remember reading somewhere an opinion that the piece of apron could even have been left in that building entrance by Kate herself after having been used as 'toilet paper' or something along those lines.
          Someone has suggested that Kate may have used the section for a menstrual concern, but I dont think the theory has addressed why she would keep it on her and why the killer would take it, if so.

Long swore that the apron was NOT there, but he couldnt be sure about the writing,....based on that I think at least Long felt he did look at that specific area.

Cheers maggyann

Comment

TM

Hello Mike. I think that was Trevor Marriott's hypothesis. On his reckoning, I think that Jack had nothing to do with the cloth or the chalk message.

Perhaps I should let Trevor speak for himself?

The Best.
            LC

Comment

Working...
            X