The Mysterious Dr Gabe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
    the rumour of a child being involved may have prompted authorities to contact a child doctor
    To me, Dusty, that doesn't make any sense. Leaving aside the problem that authorities don't normally act on rumours, why would a child 'being involved' prompt them to contact a doctor? If the rumour was that the child was sick then maybe (although any doctor could have dealt with a sick child), but just 'involved', no. And if Gabe was there because of a child why did he view MJK's body?

Comment

But the possibility, remote that it might be,
      One can always throw up all kinds of theoretical possibilities, of course, maybe Dr Gabe was involved in a secret sexual relationship with MJK, maybe he killed her, but there doesn't seem to be any point in airing them if they aren't credible and are unsupported by any evidence. The point I was arguing against was Simon Wood saying in his book that there is 'little doubt' that Dr Gabe was there because of a child, which is unsustainable.

Comment

Or the good doctor was just nosy.

C4

Comment

Originally posted by curious4 View Post
          Or the good doctor was just nosy.
          If that's intended to be a sensible post then the same could be said for Dr Dukes.

Comment

Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
            If that's intended to be a sensible post then the same could be said for Dr Dukes.
            Perfectly sensible. Even doctors are human. There don't have to be mysterious reasons for everything. Sometimes the answer is simple. He was nearby and curious.

C4

Comment

Originally posted by curious4 View Post
              Perfectly sensible. Even doctors are human. There don't have to be mysterious reasons for everything. Sometimes the answer is simple. He was nearby and curious.
              I can only repeat that the same could be said for Dr Dukes.

Comment

Does anyone think the doctors were asked to ascertain if an abortion had been performed in that room?
                Did they always believe it was the work of the Ripper, even from the start?
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

The victim's uterus was taken out and placed under her head.

Abortion?
                  Best Wishes,
                  Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

A short supplementary article regarding the identification of gynaecologists:

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                      The victim's uterus was taken out and placed under her head.

Abortion?
                      Of course it's a ridiculous idea, but until they got inside and saw more of the victim on the bed, wouldn't the first thought be a monstrous abortion?
                      ---------------
                      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                      ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                        Of course it's a ridiculous idea, but until they got inside and saw more of the victim on the bed, wouldn't the first thought be a monstrous abortion?
                        All the newspapers described it as another Whitechapel murder, assuming it to have been committed by the same person responsible for the previous murders. I can't imagine that Dr Phillips would have thought any differently when he looked through the window and saw 'the mutilated corpse lying on the bed'.

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                          All the newspapers described it as another Whitechapel murder, assuming it to have been committed by the same person responsible for the previous murders. I can't imagine that Dr Phillips would have thought any differently when he looked through the window and saw 'the mutilated corpse lying on the bed'.
                          Hello, David, thank you for answering my question, I appreciate it.
                          ---------------
                          ---------------

Comment

>To me, Dusty, that doesn't make any sense. Leaving aside the problem that authorities don't normally act on rumours...<<

My experience is that they do, but that aside your supplementary article negates some of my previous points. Good research.
                            dustymiller
                            aka drstrange

Comment

>To me, Dusty, that doesn't make any sense. Leaving aside the problem that authorities don't normally act on rumours...<<

My experience is that they do, but that aside your supplementary article negates some of my previous points. Good research.
                              We clearly have different experiences. But thank you Dusty.

Comment

Working...
                              X