No announcement yet.

How much do we know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's may be nothing but Israel Schwartz's witness testimony that the man walked as if partially intoxicated does offer another possibility.
    He probably was partially intoxicated,another is that he was a sailor with that peculiar gait sailors sometimes have for a while after being on board a rolling ship .

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
      Hi

Went into the link for all this and saw straight away the problem with the name.
      FOLGELMA isn'r a real name

A REAL norwegian Name that DOES fit the English sound is FUGLEMAS

(pronounced.. foolemah..the g is silent, the s is silent, and depending on which dialect it is spoken in, the u sounds like a double o, as in "fool".

There are many people in Norway today with this last name.

best wishes

Phil
      Very old thread, but I have to correct this. I am myself Norwegian, and I have neither heard of "Fogelma", nor "Fuglemas". There is no reason why that S should be silent, by the way. A quick check with Statistics Norway, www.ssb.no , reveal the following for "Fuglemas":

"There are fewer than 4 or none who has the name "Fuglemas". On the other hand, 196 people are named "Fuglesang" ("birds' song"). "Fuglemo" has 9 registered users, as it were.

That said, I come across Norwegian surnames all the time which I have never encountered before. These are very often related to topography, however, and rarely surprise me. "Fuglemas" does not jive with anything, however.
      Last edited by Karl; 10-29-2015, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X