Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi David,

What led you to that conclusion?

I thought Leather Apron murdered Nichols.

And no legs were pulled in Millers Court.

Regards,

Simon
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post

What led you to that conclusion?
      Your own words from 2005 Simon:

"I firmly believe that the person known as Jack the Ripper committed murders 1, 2 and 4."

Now you say "Three" murders were by the same individual.

It's not rocket science.

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
      I thought Leather Apron murdered Nichols.
      Why did you think that? "Leather Apron" was a nickname of Pizer and he was cleared of the crime.

And no legs were pulled in Millers Court.
      That's correct Simon, it's just your leg that's been pulled.

Comment

• Hi David,

Over 12 years, I reserve the right to revise my opinion.

Pizer denied he was known as Leather Apron, and then - hey presto - revised his opinion.

My leg was not pulled

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
          All this nonsense about this supposed killer of Five women. The opinions of the contemporary investigators have been taken by so many as some official line drawn in the sand, despite the fact that no-one really knows the sincerity with which these opinions were given and there is zero evidence that links these Five women, or any 2 of these women for that matter, to a single killer.
          What constitutes "evidence" in your book, Michael?

Forensic evidence? That wasn't an option in 1888.

What we do have is an unprecedented outbreak of murders in a small localized area over a short period of time, a subset of which include post-mortem mutilation/evisceration/organ removal. Even the contemporary police quickly cottoned on that this was a serial murderer at work, and this was a brand new concept to them!

Let's go with the Turnbullian (emphasis on the "bull") logic that all five were carried out by different individuals. Five different individuals, all independently of one another, decided to go out into the street and start slashing & mutilating prostitutes in the same period of time. All of them had the disposition and the skill to do this and all of them managed to get away with it, but despite these synchronised rippers, the murder series almost completely ceased after a few months? Why?

Comment

Over 12 years, I reserve the right to revise my opinion.
            Okay Simon, I'll play. What did you mean when you said "Three" in your response to John G?

Were you trying to clarify that you meant that the same individual murdered three women or were you being deliberately obtuse and misleading?

If the former, which three women were you referring to?

Pizer denied he was known as Leather Apron, and then - hey presto - revised his opinion.
            Yes, that's correct Simon. He wasn't actually aware that he was called this by the locals but was then informed by Sergeant Thick that he was. Once he had been told this, he accepted that this is how he was known.

It. is. not. rocket. science.

My leg was not pulled
            People who have been fooled often don't realise it.

Do you think that Mary Kelly was murdered by Special Branch? Is that what you think you were told?

It's a complete joke, Simon, if that's the case.

Comment

• Hi David,

Read John G's post, and then you'll understand what I meant. It had nothing to do with any number of victims.

Your explanation of Pizer's change of mind is hilarious. It could well go down as one of the great Ripperologisms of all time.

Please do not presume to know better than me regarding something you know nothing about.

Regards,

Simon
              Last edited by Simon Wood; 08-04-2017, 01:12 PM. Reason: spolling mistook

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                Hi Simon,

Thanks for reply and clarification!
                Hi John - Did you understand what Simon meant by "Three"?

Comment

Read John G's post, and then you'll understand what I meant. It had nothing to do with any number of victims.
                  I've done better than that Simon, I've asked John. He thanked you for your "clarification" so hopefully he will be able to tell me.

Your explanation of Pizer's change of mind is hilarious. It could well go down as one of the great Ripperologisms of all time.
                  He didn't change his mind Simon. He just found out that this is what he was being called by the locals. He explained it over 128 years ago but you simply weren't paying attention.

Please do not presume to know better than me regarding something you know nothing about.
                  How can I know "nothing" about it? I've read your book Simon (two editions) and you obviously explained it all in there right?

If I remember rightly it was all about someone who knows nothing about Special Branch operations in 1888 telling someone else who knows nothing about Special Branch operations in 1888 about a Special Branch operation in 1888. All very amusing and it certainly did it's job of covering up the complete absence of any explanation as to why the same person who murdered the other women did not also murder Kelly.

Comment

• I believe it was the late Christopher Hitchens who said, " What can be asserted without evidence can easily be dismissed without evidence."
                    Best Wishes,
                    Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Hi Hunter,

A valid point.

So there was no Jack the Ripper.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Except for the fact that we have solid evidence of five women being murdered in a small geographical area within a three month period, all of them having their throats cut and four of them being horribly mutilated.

Someone killed each one of them Simon. That's a historical fact.

So what do you mean when you say "there was no Jack the Ripper"?

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                          Hi John - Did you understand what Simon meant by "Three"?
                          Hi David,

Not exactly, it was a bit cryptic! However, look at my last sentence in Post 315. I've a funny feeling he was answering that question.
                          Last edited by John G; 08-04-2017, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Hi Hunter,

A valid point.

Regards,

Simon
                            There is no logical basis for this assertion as no perpetrator was ever caught. Maybe these was, maybe there wasn't. Who knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                              Hi David,

Not exactly, it was a bit cryptic! However, look at my last sentence in Post 315. I've a funny feeling he was answering that question.
                              Hi John,

Well your last sentence was "Please let me know if I've left out any options."

How is "Three" responsive to that I wonder?

Or did you mean your actual last question which was: "Or are you saying you're not really sure about any of this but you'll get back to us when you are sure, or a least responsibly satisfied with your conclusions?"

I can't see how "Three" can answer that one.

I'm starting to think he didn't answer your post at all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                                I believe it was the late Christopher Hitchens who said, " What can be asserted without evidence can easily be dismissed without evidence."
                                In this case, however, there is strong evidence that suggests that the same person was involved in more than one of the murders, and the fact that this person was given the epithet "Jack the Ripper" is beyond question. Putting those two facts together, it means that the existence of "[the person dubbed] Jack the Ripper" is almost certain, and evidence clearly exists to support that conclusion.
                                Last edited by Sam Flynn; 08-04-2017, 01:57 PM.
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
                                X