The Lechmere/Cross "name issue"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by harry View Post
    When w as the last time a reporter was able to stand in court,and have a reporting of a criminal matter,accepted as evidence?
    If your question is: can this happen? The answer is it can happen and has happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
      I wasn't complaining about your shortcomings in English, Fisherman. You seem to speak it perfectly well. That's the point. The shortcoming was in the way you phrased your question which was a silly and poorly constructed one. I think you appreciate this given that you have now rephrased it!
      I used to do the same thing when my children were small, David, so I wouldnīt open the champagne if I were you.

I read the rest of your numerous posts. Repetition, all of it - of things that should not have been repeated at all.

Iīm out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
        yes fish
        I think that's most likely how it went down. howver, I think its also almost as possible he was told specifically that he was wanted by a cop.

we over analyze it to death, but at the time it was probably a pretty innocuous exchange.

that being said-I do place weight on Mizens testimony, which is why I give the idea of Lech actually telling him hes wanted by a cop the credence that I do.

I don't think Mizen was lying about it though for any "save his own ass" reasoning because I don't think he did anything wrong. And if he wasn't told your needed in bucks row then I think the most next likely occurrence was that lech told him he was needed specifically by a cop.
        You fail to recognize that Mizen would have left his post in conflict with his orders if the scenario you prefer is correct, Abby. For him to have done so in accordance with the regulations, the request from the fellow PC would have been of essence.

But of course, once we look at it logically, Lechmere suddenly becomes the logical killer. And we wouldnīt want that, would we...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
          I used to do the same thing when my children were small, David, so I wouldnīt open the champagne if I were you.

I read the rest of your numerous posts. Repetition, all of it - of things that should not have been repeated at all.

Iīm out.
          Yes, don't worry, I haven't missed the patronising tone of your posts addressed to me.

If I've been repeating myself it's only because I made myself perfectly clear about 100 posts ago yet you didn't seem to understand. Or didn't want to.

Comment

• David,
            You will give examples?
            Only time I can think of would be a case of libel,but that is an entirely different circumstance,than reporting an inquest.

Elemana,
            I have answered all your questions,whereas you have avoided mine. Can you give examples?

So in all the published material it appears that both Cross and Paul were not entirely convinced Nichols was dead.There was doubt when they left to find a policeman? They only thought or believed she was dead?

The least I would expect when the meeting with Mizen occurred,was that Cross and Paul would explain in some detail why they stopped and spoke to him,or that Mizen would seek more details as to why he was wanted.Didn't seem to happen,if one is to believe Mizen.

Comment

Yes, don't worry, I haven't missed the patronising tone of your posts addressed to me.

If I've been repeating myself it's only because I made myself perfectly clear about 100 posts ago yet you didn't seem to understand. Or didn't want to.
              Have you considered the possibility that I DID understand, but thought you were wrong? No?

Then you should really try it.

Comment

The least I would expect when the meeting with Mizen occurred,was that Cross and Paul would explain in some detail why they stopped and spoke to him,or that Mizen would seek more details as to why he was wanted.Didn't seem to happen,if one is to believe Mizen.
                Yes, that is a very fair assumption to make - that a PC approached by two men telling him about how there is a possibly dead or drunk woman lying in Bucks Row, would try to extract as much information as possible from these men, including their names and which role they had played in the drama.

So once this does NOT happen, it may be time to seriously consider that the PC could be correct in stating that he was told that the two men had simply been sent to fetch him by another PC. In that case, Mizens actions would all suddenly make sense.
                He would not need to quiry the men - if that was necessary, the other PC would already have done it. He would not need to hasten - the other PC already had the matter in hand. And he WOULD be allowed to leave his beat, since he had been summoned by a colleague.

Perfect sense, therefore.

Comment

David,
                  You will give examples?
                  Only time I can think of would be a case of libel,but that is an entirely different circumstance,than reporting an inquest.

Elemana,
                  I have answered all your questions,whereas you have avoided mine. Can you give examples?

Harry,

you have certainly not replied to all the points I have raised.

You ask for examples, and of course I am happy to oblige, here are a few:

1. The issue of the quote from the A-Z you used.
                  Which very clearly says that all 3 officers arrived within 5 minutes of Lechmere and Paul leaving,

That is just not physically possible and so the quote cannot be of any use in a debate.

However your response is "its my interpretation", which fails to address the issue of timing and which really is no response at all.

2. The issue of not considering a possible misunderstanding between Mizen and others.

In post 1157:

"I have never considered it a case of misunderstanding on Mizen's part ,simply because I believe he lied."

Yet in post 1211 you said:

"The fact that I do not state in words, misunderstanding to be a possibility,in no way proves I do not accept it as being so.When I state the belief that Mizen lied,it is because I believe that to be the more probable."

That obviously is not inline with the previous post, and this you have not addressed at all.

3. Your claim that we could not make an estimation of Neil's movements as we have no idea of his walking place; when in fact we know the pace he was required to walk at and we know this was checked on by beat sergeants, again you have made no response to this.

4. Of course the issue raised in post 1237, when you gave a quote (post 1211) to back your view on police procedure, which clearly predates a debate between the person whom you quote and others when this view seems to be modified.

The very fact that this later post has been raised with you several times means that you were well aware the quote you used predated this.

5. Related to point 4, despite being given the link to the thread several times about procedure, you have made no response or comments on it, but instead continue to repeat the view you original gave. Interestingly you do not even claim the posts or thread are wrong or inaccurate.

Harry I serious think that is enough examples, or do you really want more.

As for me avoiding your points, that is rather strange, given that my normal way of replying, is to quote a point and reply to it before going onto the next, often producing long posts but ones which are complete.

It would be interesting to see you post which points you believe I have not responded to

Originally posted by harry View Post

So in all the published material it appears that both Cross and Paul were not entirely convinced Nichols was dead.There was doubt when they left to find a policeman? They only thought or believed she was dead?
                  Yes it is very clear they believed she was either dead or drunk

Originally posted by harry View Post
                  Maybe he should have done, maybe he believed he had been summoned by another officer, maybe he just did not consider it an emergency, we just do not and cannot know.

Steve

Comment

Yes, that is a very fair assumption to make - that a PC approached by two men telling him about how there is a possibly dead or drunk woman lying in Bucks Row, would try to extract as much information as possible from these men, including their names and which role they had played in the drama.

So once this does NOT happen, it may be time to seriously consider that the PC could be correct in stating that he was told that the two men had simply been sent to fetch him by another PC. In that case, Mizens actions would all suddenly make sense.

He would not need to quiry the men - if that was necessary, the other PC would already have done it. He would not need to hasten - the other PC already had the matter in hand. And he WOULD be allowed to leave his beat, since he had been summoned by a colleague.

Perfect sense, therefore.
                    Christer, that makes sense certainly, and the same applied if he believed that was what he had been told.

Once again, in my take, he was told you are needed/required, he interpreted this as another officer needed him. When he got to Bucks Row, he saw Neil and assumed Neil was the one who called him.

You don't agree, fair enough

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                      Christer, that makes sense certainly, and the same applied if he believed that was what he had been told.

Once again, in my take, he was told you are needed/required, he interpreted this as another officer needed him. When he got to Bucks Row, he saw Neil and assumed Neil was the one who called him.

You don't agree, fair enough

Steve
                      I donīt agree because I think one needs to add elements to make your take work. It predisposes that Mizen surmised that the carmen were alerting him to respond to a fellow policemans call, although they dod not say a word about such a policeman.

In my take, there was no surmising, and no misunderstandings. Mizen was told that another PC awaited him and had called for assistance, and he answered to the call.

Neither version must be right or wrong, but it applies that my version is the one that works from what was said by Mizen, whereas yours adds the element of misunderstanding.

To be able to leave his beat, it would require that Mizen KNEW that he had been alerted by a fellow policeman, so to my mind, if there was any ambiguity at all, he would have asked.

Comment

I donīt agree because I think one needs to add elements to make your take work. It predisposes that Mizen surmised that the carmen were alerting him to respond to a fellow policemans call, although they dod not say a word about such a policeman.

In my take, there was no surmising, and no misunderstandings. Mizen was told that another PC awaited him and had called for assistance, and he answered to the call.

Neither version must be right or wrong, but it applies that my version is the one that works from what was said by Mizen, whereas yours adds the element of misunderstanding.

To be able to leave his beat, it would require that Mizen KNEW that he had been alerted by a fellow policeman, so to my mind, if there was any ambiguity at all, he would have asked.

Hi

I agree that is where we disagree, and maybe oneday, something will emerge that allows one of us to cross over.

cheers

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                          Similarly, his responses at the inquest indicate that he was highly uncertain about Nichols physical state, with his observations ranging from "dead" to "not seriously injured".
                          I don't agree, John. Feeling her hands and face Lechmere thought she was dead, without being certain or knowing how this had happened. That no injuries were visible and that she looked to have been outraged and gone off in a swoon is in no way contradictory to the idea he had that she was dead.

All the best,
                          Frank
                          "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                          Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

Have you considered the possibility that I DID understand, but thought you were wrong? No?

Then you should really try it.
                            Like I said Fisherman, you didn't seem to understand. Or didn't want to.

I'm sure that if I really had been wrong you wouldn't have needed to quote me out of context.

This whole discussion with you has definitely been one of the most pointless and unnecessary discussions that I have had on this forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankO View Post
                              I don't agree, John. Feeling her hands and face Lechmere thought she was dead, without being certain or knowing how this had happened. That no injuries were visible and that she looked to have been outraged and gone off in a swoon is in no way contradictory to the idea he had that she was dead.

All the best,
                              Frank
                              But he didn't say no injuries were visible. His evidence at the inquest is that he had no idea there were any serious injuries. And "gone off in a swoon", suggests she'd merely fainted, which is not the same as being dead.

What I think his inquest responses indicate is that he was a very poor communicator. Therefore, if he communicated in such a confused way to PC Mizen it would hardly be surprising that a misunderstanding occurred.

Comment

Like I said Fisherman, you didn't seem to understand. Or didn't want to.

I'm sure that if I really had been wrong you wouldn't have needed to quote me out of context.

This whole discussion with you has definitely been one of the most pointless and unnecessary discussions that I have had on this forum.

Grow up, David. You were not quoted out of context. You very clerly said that it was a fact that Mizen was told about death or drunkenness, and when I pointed it out,m you started to waffle about facts and established facts -as if they were different matters.

You must learn to accept that you do mistakes every now and then. It would be stranger if you didnīt, so thereīs nothing much to be ashamed of.

Comment

Working...
                                X