Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash!! . . . VINCENT VAN GOGH WAS JACK THE RIPPER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canonininonical five

Dave - talking of unduly significant numbers: I note that Casebook allows a maximum of five images in any post...

Comment

• To Bridewell
      Apologies I must've somehow missed the attachment in your previous post. So you do have evidence and you do seem to have shut Mr Larner up. Thankfully.
      Cheers
      John

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
        T So you do have evidence and you do seem to have shut Mr Larner up. Thankfully.
        I think he's just biding his time. Soon he will show up with a cunning plan.

Mike
        huh?

Comment

• Mr L

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
          I think he's just biding his time. Soon he will show up with a cunning plan.

Mike
          Dear Mike,

I fear you may be right. Either that or he'll go ahead and publish in the hope that nobody will notice.

Regards, Bridewell.
          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
            But Lynn, is it not the case that when someone is executed for a particularly heinous crime they are said to be 'hung like a horse'?

Or is that.... oh no. Hang on.....

A little known fact:

a rogue elephant was hung in beautiful, downtown Erwin, Tennessee.

Just in case you're wondering . . .

Comment

• Wow. Thank you Curious - what a hideous tale. I'm not a tree-hugger, and I've never knitted granola, but sometimes the stupidity and cruelty of humans does sadden me. The poor creature.

Comment

• Sahibs are us.

Hello Velma. See, I thought rogue elephants were to be shot. Silly Orwell.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                  (Letter 526, Arles, c. 21 August 1888: I am hard at it, painting with the enthusiasm of a Marseillais eating bouillabaisse, which won't surprise you when you know that what I'm at is the painting of some big sunflowers. I have three canvases going – 1st, three huge flowers in a green vase, with light background, a size 15 canvas; 2nd, three flowers, one gone to seed, having lost its petals, and one a bud against a royal-blue background, size 25 canvas; 3rd, twelve flowers and buds in a yellow vase (size 30 canvas). The last one is therefore light on light, and I hope it will be the best. Probably I shall not stop at that. … Next door to your shop, in the restaurant you know there is a lovely decoration of flowers; I always remember the big sunflowers in the window there. …. So the whole thing will be a symphony in blue and yellow. I am working at it every morning from sunrise on, for the flowers fade so soon, and the thing is to do the whole in one rush.)

(Letter 534, Arles 9 September 1888: But you will see these great pictures of the sunflowers, 12 or 14 to the bunch, crammed into this tiny boudoir with its pretty bed and everything else dainty. It will not be commonplace.)

Sunflowers come into their best bloom in the late summer in France and here we have Vincent hard at work painting sunflowers in Arles on 21st August (ten days before the Nichols murder) and the very next day after the murder of Annie Chapman, writing about them in Arles.

I've got an idea which you may not like very much, but here goes:

Vincent Van Gogh, who is most famous for painting sunflowers in France, spent the late summer & early autumn of 1888, in France, sunflower painting.

If you have bona fide evidence (as opposed to speculation) that Van Gogh travelled from England to France, on either 8th or 9th September 1888, which, if he was the Ripper, he has to have done, you may provoke a bit of interest. That is absolutely essential if you are to argue that Van Gogh was JtR. Can you prove that Van Gogh made that journey?

Regards, Bridewell.
                  Yes, the evidence is there, and it was very important to Van Gogh that he make this particular journey and kill when he did. He was killing for his mother’s Sept. 10 birthday again, and he couldn’t fail.

Thanks,
                  Dale Larner
                  www.facebook.com/vincentaliasjack

Comment

PS - Mr Larner: I'll soon be filming the birth of my first child, and I wondered would you grant me permission to use as a soundtrack the incredibly and unremittingly dramatic music from your 'reveal' videos?

On watching them I was struck by the postmodern grinding of gears between the embarrassingly overdramatic music and the painfully underwhelming bathos of your imaginary revelations - and it occurred to me that the music could be used to similar comic effect in almost any context. Would you mind?

Additionally, unless you have already copyrighted the phrase, would you mind if I adopted 'Knocker Face' as a new nickname? In England it perhaps has a slightly different connotation, one which appeals to me greatly.

Sincerely,

Henry Flower.
                    Unfortunately, the soundtrack is copyrighted, but I don’t think it would be quite right for the birth of your first child, anyway. I would suggest something more like Beethoven’s 5th, but Mozart or Vivaldi are always a treat, and anything of theirs would do just fine.

I wish you and your wife a beautiful and healthy new baby, no matter what music you play during the birth.

Sincerely,
                    Dale Larner

Comment

So, Dale... it's just occurred to me - weren't you the guy who was recently asked whether or not he had solid evidence that Vincent actually traveled from France to England several times during the autumn of 1888?

I'm sure it was you. Maybe you just never noticed the question. Several posts from you since then without once addressing the point. So I thought I'd remind you.

Dale, do you have evidence of Vincent travelling to and from London in the autumn of 1888? Not evidence that Vincent / anyone COULD have made the journey, but that Vincent specifically DID make such journeys that autumn?

Your earlier references to travel suggest that you don't. If your answer is along the lines of "It's all dealt with in the book" then I for one won't be convinced. Empty salesman's patter.

You don't have to give the details away here if you don't want to. Just a yes or a no. Do you have evidence that Vincent was in the right country to have committed the murders?

Yours in anticipation!

Henry
                      Yes, I have evidence that Vincent was in London for each of the murders.

Thanks,
                      Dale Larner

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                        I believe, following the time Vincent moved to Arles in 1888, he was living in poverty...no expensive railway and ferry tickets then... unless of course he was a sponsored ripper...

Dave
                        Interesting you should frame it that way. Turns out Vincent actually was a sponsored killer. His younger brother, Theo, unwittingly provided him with the funds to make his travels to London for murder. Vincent only needed about 100 francs for each roundtrip journey, and Theo provided this and more.

Thanks, Dave.

Yours,
                        Dale Larner

Comment

• Your Evidence

Originally posted by Vincent alias Jack View Post
                          Yes, I have evidence that Vincent was in London for each of the murders.

Thanks,
                          Dale Larner
                          Hi Dale,

What form does it take? I presume it far outweighs the existing evidence that he wasn't? If so, I'm amazed your book hasn't already been published. What's the hold-up?

Regards,. Bridewell.
                          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

I'll give it one more try before my mind gives way altogether.

Dale,

You've shown us all a lot of nonsense about concealed images in Van Gogh paintings. Would it be too much to ask that you answer the question posed some time ago, by myself among others:

Do you have proof that Vincent van Gogh was in England during the Autumn of Terror?

You cannot expect to be taken seriously if you keep dodging a basic issue of this nature. In fact you remind me of the man who went on a show, in Monty Python's Flying Circus, claiming that he had three buttocks. At least, when asked to drop his trousers and prove it, he had the decency to admit that he was a fraud.

Please answer the question.

Regards, Bridewell
                            I grew up watching Monty Python, and I think it is partly to blame for my always present perspective of looking for humor in things, even in some things that aren’t humorous. I so often hope that at the end of other shows or movies they will include an old man with a long gray beard running off into a field and then blow him up. And I find I’m always looking for an opportunity to lift up a leg and stretch it out, then maybe drag the other, crouch, lift an arm, and do a silly walk of my own making. Meep . . . meep.

And now for something completely different . . .

Chow,
                            Dale Larner

Comment

• Originally posted by Sally View Post
                              Afternoon, Paranoid (well, you asked for it )

Good theory - however, Mr Larner's interest in VVG is apparently real:

http://www.artistrising.com/products/509600/Le-Chat.htm

As his charming painting of a Starry Cat demonstrates.
                              Thanks, Sally, for providing the link and for referring to my starry cat as charming. I also painted a copy of his Starry Night early on, but I didn’t put it out there. I would be the first to admit my artwork is still lacking—I simply haven’t completed enough and have much more to learn, but this book has taken up so much of my time over the past several years that I haven’t been able to focus on it. However, I hope to do so some day soon.

Sincerely,
                              Dale Larner

Comment

Hi All,

From 5th to 8th September 1888 Vincent Van Gogh was painting "The Night Café in the Place Lamartine in Arles", and on 9th September 1888 he was writing a letter to his brother from Arles. How exactly did he kill Annie Chapman in the back yard of 29 Hanbury Street, Spitalfields, Dale? Just to help you work it out, the journey is 741.8 miles each way and the round trip, by car, on modern roads would take 25 hours & 12 minutes (plus the killing time obviously).

I presume you've explained, in your book, how this is possible.

Regards, Bridewell.
                                You presume correctly. It’s covered in detail in the book. All I can say is that painters can paint a painting whenever they want, even paint two or three versions, and start a painting here and end a painting there. And also that psychopathic serial killers by nature seek to deceive and manipulate.

It was important for Vincent to make this trip, he had to, his mother’s Sept. 10 birthday was approaching, and he had to kill for her again, and he did.

Sincerely,
                                Dale Larner

Comment

Working...
                                X