No announcement yet.

Romford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That;s interesting, because it seems to imply a trip to Romford, rather than that GH had been staying at Romford for a few weeks.

Comment

Market?

Wasn't there a market in Romford on a Thursday? I seem to have an idea there was, though I've no idea where I got it from. I expect that's old hat, but remains a possibility?

Jane x

Comment

Well Jane, this site seems to suggest not, but there should be a way of finding out for sure.

Comment

Doh!

Thanks Robert!

Every day except Thursday, in fact! Hilarious!

I must be thinking of somewhere else.

Jane x

Comment

hi Garry

thanks for that reference. I had thought him just being at a local pub a little unlikely myself.
            babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Not much gets past you, Jen!

Somewhere on this site, though, someone stated that a newspaper claimed that Hutchinson went to Romford in order to visit his sister. Since this might provide an identificational reference point relating to the real George Hutchinson, I would be eternally grateful to anyone who could provide the name of the newspaper concerned.

Regards,

Garry Wroe.

Comment

haha Garry

lol, not, it's my feminine nose...into everything!

Thanks also for the information you sent me earlier...very useful...i'm going to be busy for a while with that lol!
                babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Garry, Bob Hinton once thought he'd found GH's family in Romford. He amassed a great deal of info - something to do wiith a family rift etc. But when he compared the signature on the marriage cert, it was obvious that it was the wrong man.

Comment

Thanks, Robert. I'm semi-aware through some recent posts about Bob's wild goose chase, and we did exchange a few e-mails many moons ago regarding some of Bob's earlier researches. I spent something like ten years chasing the elusive George through any number of national and municipal archives, and in those days very few were indexed. In all that time, though, I never came across any reference to Hutchinson's family members. So, as you might imagine, I'd be more than a little interested in any such new information.

Thanks again.

Garry Wroe.

Comment

OK Garry. I'd hate to see you go down the same route only to find it's a dead-end.

Bob's research partner once saw a newspaper account which mentioned GH's age, but again he can't now remember which report that was.

GH is a slippery customer.

Comment

Hi,
                        As i have the address of JD Hutchinson in front of me, i can give you my word that they reside in Romford.
                        As she is married to Toppings nephew, it does point that the family originates from that area.
                        or is that just another coincidence?
                        Regards Richard.

Comment

Hi Richard

But I imagine that wherever you look, there's going to be a lot of Hutchinsons.

Comment

Hi Robert,
                            J.D, I will refrain from using her christian name , because of privacy, is a proven descendant of Topping, her father in law was the younger brother of the latter.
                            So the number of Hutchinsons in Romford is irrelevant, as she is in the family that matter.
                            Regards Richard

Comment

Hi,
                              I should add that all of this has been checked out, but that is as far as we get, as quite understandably JD refuses to take part in a discussion that is accusing her husbands uncle of all sorts of deeds.
                              Regards Richard.

Comment

Hi Richard,

You wrote:

"As she is married to Toppings nephew"
                                Then you wrote:

(JD) is a proven descendant of Topping, her father in law was the younger brother of the latter.
                                But here's what "JDHutchinson" said:

Just wanted to add that GWT Hutchinson had more than one son and a number of daughters as well. My father in law, who is the youngest son has also always told us that his father was the last person to see Mary Kelly alive
                                Can we have some clarification as to just how the lady in question is related to Toppy?

Either she's married to his nephew or his grandson.

JD refuses to take part in a discussion that is accusing her husbands uncle of all sorts of deeds.
                                I'm not accusing him of being anything other than plumber who had nothing to do with the events of 1888.

All the best,
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X