Casebook Forums

Casebook Forums (http://forum.casebook.org/index.php)
-   Pub Talk (http://forum.casebook.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anybody Planning on Being Raptured on September 23rd? (http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=10481)

c.d. 09-09-2017 07:28 AM

Anybody Planning on Being Raptured on September 23rd?

If you are not sure what I am talking about just do a quick Google search especially YouTube videos. The Rapture loonies are out in force on this one. The last few hundred times they weren't quite certain of the date but this time apparently there is no question about it. September 23, 2017 IS the Rapture date.

c.d.

barnflatwyngarde 09-09-2017 07:57 AM

I will be at the gym that day, so there is indeed a strong possibility that I will be ruptured that day.

I'm sure that the believers invisible friend will forgive me.

Svensson 09-11-2017 03:28 AM

Seeing that this is a Saturday, I could finally open that old bottle of Champagne I got for my birthday in 2002. No need to hang on to it until sunday...

c.d. 09-11-2017 03:44 PM

Yeah, nothing but donuts and beer until the 23rd. Why not?

c.d.

YomRippur 09-12-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c.d. (Post 428442)
If you are not sure what I am talking about just do a quick Google search especially YouTube videos. The Rapture loonies are out in force on this one. The last few hundred times they weren't quite certain of the date but this time apparently there is no question about it. September 23, 2017 IS the Rapture date.

c.d.

They may think the world is ending but secretly they hope it isn't, so that they can continue this ponzi scheme of theirs and fleece as many fools as they can. After all, the old adage is true: a sucker is born every minute. All these Doomsday "enterprises" have become a cottage industry that will likely never end. You will soon hear about the Papal prophesies too because we are now down to the second-last Pope before "Rome will be destroyed and the dreadful judge will judge his people -- The End," as the prophesy goes. Imagine somebody getting rich from the hysteria that will surely ensue.

The world does come to end every day in the sense that people die every day. So it is the end of the world to at least some people every day.

Pcdunn 09-12-2017 11:34 AM

Alas, I'm planning on working that day.

c.d. 09-12-2017 03:51 PM

We can joke about it but I watched a few more videos today (there are hundreds) and these people are absolutely serious and absolutely certain.

I suspect what will happen is that when the day passes without incident that they will say that God in his infinite mercy decided to give us a little more time to repent. They will lay low for a while and then it will all start up again.

c.d.

P.S. I also found out that the U.S government is secretly buying up plastic coffins and guillotines (yes, I said guillotines). They can control the weather like the recent hurricanes. They plan on getting Christians into FEMA camps and then beheading them. Not making this up. The internet is filled with wack jobs.

Herlock Sholmes 09-13-2017 07:42 AM

"The only way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason."

Benjamin Franklin.

"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood."

George Carlin.

"It's very difficult to reason someone out of a position that they did not reason themselves into."

Rich Rodriguez.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

Carl Sagan.

A few of my favourite quotes:2thumbsup:

barnflatwyngarde 09-13-2017 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herlock Sholmes (Post 428903)
"The only way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason."

Benjamin Franklin.

"I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood."

George Carlin.

"It's very difficult to reason someone out of a position that they did not reason themselves into."

Rich Rodriguez.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

Carl Sagan.

A few of my favourite quotes:2thumbsup:

I can't argue with any of those quotes, especially the Carl Sagan one.

The world was a duller place when Sagan left us.

While we are on the topic of belief systems, and the illogical thinking embraced by religions, can I recommend a book that absolutely demolishes the wooly thinking surrounding religion, and Christianity in particular.

The book is "Letter to a Christian Nation" by Sam Harris (link below)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Letter-Chri...stian+nati on

It is a short but devastating critique.

Highly recommended!

sdreid 09-13-2017 02:19 PM

I think I will skip mowing my lawn this weekend.