Casebook Forums

Casebook Forums (http://forum.casebook.org/index.php)
-   Hutchinson, George (http://forum.casebook.org/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Hutchinson The Sailor Man (http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=6132)

The Good Michael 10-21-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malcolm X (Post 195480)

because the priority is getting these signatures checked first

Your priority Malcolm. I'm already sure about them

Mike

Lechmere 10-21-2011 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is St Philip’s Church now – the Royal London Hospital Medical Library. The grey plaque on the wall on the left is dated July 1888 and commemorates the initial re-build of the church. I think the parts of the building in yellow/tan brickwork are surviving parts of the old church building.
Attachment 12916

miss marple 10-22-2011 01:11 PM

The training ship Exmouth was lent by the Royal Navy to The Metropolitian Asylum board to give pauper boys an education,and train them in seamanship from the age of 12. It was not the only ship of its kind. It was a fantastic opportunity for the pauper boys to improve their chances in life, many joining the Royal Navy OR Merchant Marines.The first ship was used in 1876.

Miss Marple

Debra A 01-12-2017 02:21 PM

Abby Normal 01-13-2017 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debra A (Post 406041)

Hi Debra
happy New year!

As usual thanks for posting! I cant make out the writing-can you summarize what it says? and your analysis?

Debra A 01-13-2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abby Normal (Post 406057)
Hi Debra
happy New year!

As usual thanks for posting! I cant make out the writing-can you summarize what it says? and your analysis?

Hi Abby

It's just the record sheet of George Hutchinson b c 1866 who was on the Exmouth training ship in 1881 that Ed highlighted at the beginning of this thread. There's not much extra information but I thought it might be useful for someones research if they were interested in this man.
It basically gives a record of his time training. He received a medal for good conduct. He was only little, 4ft 11" at age 16 but maybe he hadn't finished growing by then!

Abby Normal 01-13-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debra A (Post 406076)
Hi Abby

It's just the record sheet of George Hutchinson b c 1866 who was on the Exmouth training ship in 1881 that Ed highlighted at the beginning of this thread. There's not much extra information but I thought it might be useful for someones research if they were interested in this man.
It basically gives a record of his time training. He received a medal for good conduct. He was only little, 4ft 11" at age 16 but maybe he hadn't finished growing by then!

thanks Debs!
stout not tall. isn't that what Sarah lewis said?
whats your thoughts on this being the hutch?

Debra A 01-13-2017 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abby Normal (Post 406120)
thanks Debs!
stout not tall. isn't that what Sarah lewis said?
whats your thoughts on this being the hutch?

Abby,a friend reckons that a boy can shoot up 2ft in one year age 14/15/16 so he may have been as tall as Joseph Flemming in the end! ;)
I'm still kinda curious about Ambrose Hutchinson's son for GH. Not saying he is, just interested because he died before 1911 and never married, so his signature has never been up for comparison and he lived in Church St Spitalfields IIRC.

Fisherman 01-13-2017 02:53 PM

Were there TWO George Hutchinsons witnessing? Because one has already been found and ID:d via his signature... ;)

Debra A 01-13-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fisherman (Post 406125)
Were there TWO George Hutchinsons witnessing? Because one has already been found and ID:d via his signature... ;)

Ask Ed...he started this thread! :)