Fleming/Hutchinson theory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleming/Hutchinson theory?

What do you about the theory that they were one and the same? (listened to "Hutchinson, will you lend me a sixpence?" Rippercast episode)
    http://crimenesdewhitechapel.blogspot.com
    My usual nick is Irene Adler

Dvv

Hello Morgana. You may wish to chat up David Vo Van. If I recall properly he is the resident expert on that theory.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Hey, thanks : )
      http://crimenesdewhitechapel.blogspot.com
      My usual nick is Irene Adler

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
        Hello Morgana. You may wish to chat up David Vo Van. If I recall properly he is the resident expert on that theory.

Cheers.
        LC
        Oh !!!!

Yes I am.

Comment

Hi David ! (j'espére que tu vas bien ?)

You didn't join in The Apron thread.

If you think that Fleming/Hutchinson was the killer -do you think that he wrote the graffito ?
          http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Hello my dear, ok I'll check that thread.

And yes, I'm candid enough to consider that Flemtchinson did write it !

(Je vais très bien, merci, et j'espère que toi aussi.)

Bisous bisous

Comment

Dave.
              Excuse me for asking, but its been years since I read-up on the records of Fleming/Evans.

Wasn't there a recorded history (asylum, or inmate?).
              What I'm getting at is, wouldn't Fleming/Evans have had a record and been photographed?
              Are you suggesting F/E gave a false name (Hutchinson) in an attempt to become a star witness, to sit and be interviewed by numerous police officials without anyone of them recognising him or stumbling on his true identity?

Thanks, Jon S.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hi Jon

we do have some documents from the asylum, but no pic that I'm aware of.

And yes, I'm still of opinion that GH was JF (see the old thread "Alias Fleming and Hutch"...or something like this).

Amitiés
                David

Comment

That Fleming was exceptionally tall - and skinny.

Comment

Not exceptionally : incredibly. And that's why I don't believe he was so tall and skinny (and healthy...!).

6'7...from the lower class...in 1888....6'7 and 70 kg and healthy....and this incredible height never mentioned by Mary...neither to Barnett nor Venturney...???

No no no...impossible, really impossible....

I'd be pleased to find the height of his father in Shoreditch infirmary records, btw....

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                      Are you suggesting F/E gave a false name (Hutchinson) in an attempt to become a star witness, to sit and be interviewed by numerous police officials without anyone of them recognising him or stumbling on his true identity?

Thanks, Jon S.
                      Hi Jon

sorry I didn't pay attention to your question.

Suppose Fleming was known as "George Hutchinson" in the VH, how could the police "stumble on his true identity" ? He was a perfect nobody, wasn't he ?

Comment

i dont even know why this thread even exists, 6ft 7'' is flipping massive, he'd be as tall as a skyscraper, he'd stand out like a sore thumb nowadays and even more so back then.... he would look like a circus freak!

it is impossible that JTR is this tall, because someone as tall as this would DEFINITELY be mentioned as being seen quite often. .

Comment

Hi Malcolm

Originally posted by Malcolm X View Post
                          it is impossible that JTR is this tall, because someone as tall as this would DEFINITELY be mentioned as being seen quite often. .
                          Right you are, and Mary's ex-fiancé couldn't be as tall as well - had it been the case, she would have told Barnett and her friends, obviously.

Comment

i personally think that he heard her singing, but he might have targeted her instead, from two weeks earlier etc, we just dont know for sure, but no suspect was seen over 6ft tall, let alone someone that tall !

Comment

That Fleming was known as Fleming in the Victoria Home – he is listed as Fleming in the 1891 census.

I agree that that Fleming is almost certainly not Kelly’s Fleming due to his height.
                              The skinny bit could just be the result of several years of institutionalised living. The good doctors in the insane asylum would hardly say he was ill or in poor condition after years of neglect and poor treatment, which in this period would almost certainly have been the lot of your average inmate in a long term institution.
                              What a waste.
                              I don’t think it’s credible to build a case on the height being entered in error in the hospital records.

I actually think that nearly all the details Barnett repeated about Kelly’s life were nonsense as she lied to him – and I base this on the fact that none of it can be substantiated. I doubt she went out with someone called Joe Fleming.

Comment

Working...
                              X