Casebook Forums

Casebook Forums (http://forum.casebook.org/index.php)
-   Goulston Street Graffito (http://forum.casebook.org/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL (http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=2290)

Uncle Jack 02-26-2009 12:24 AM

The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL

Did Jack the Ripper write the GSG? Poll

Mascara & Paranoia 02-26-2009 02:59 AM

Goddamn you for not making a 'maybe' option, but after a bit of consideration, I voted yes.

I don't think Jack was Jewish, against Jewish people or was motivated in that way, but (assuming the PC who stumbled upon it didn't just miss it being there the first time round) it's a major coincidence that it then turns up at the same point as Eddowes' apron, shortly after Jack (assuming the man Lawende saw was the Ripper with Eddowes) had been witnessed by three Jews and apparently murdered another prostitute outside a Jewish club an hour or so before (I can't remember exact timing).

It's more likely than not his handiwork but I'm not totally convinced.

Jumpin' Jack Flash 06-09-2009 09:42 PM

I think he may or may not have written it. If he didnt, then you have to wonder if it was coincidence that he left part of Eddowe's apron in front of it. Perhaps as he was fleeing back to Whitechapel he saw it, and since it mentioned Jews, and since there was a climate of antisemitism at the time, he left the apron in front of it to cast further suspicion on them. If he wrote it himself, he probably had the same intention, unless of course he was Kosminski.

Monty 06-09-2009 10:22 PM

Testimony from various witnesses indicates that the apron may not have been found infront of the writing.

Monty
:)

babybird67 06-09-2009 10:22 PM

i voted no

i used to think yes, but have changed my mind since joining here.

I don't believe Jack left a single clue to who he was. I don't think he was playing any mind games or anything. He was just doing his thing, murder and mutilation, and then disappearing from whence he came (wherever that was).

sdreid 06-09-2009 11:06 PM

A likely no from me

halomanuk 06-09-2009 11:09 PM

I would like to think yes,but deep down it's a no..

perrymason 06-10-2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mascara & Paranoia (Post 70810)
1. I don't think Jack was Jewish, against Jewish people or was motivated in that way, but (assuming the PC who stumbled upon it didn't just miss it being there the first time round) 2. it's a major coincidence that it then turns up at the same point as Eddowes' apron, shortly after Jack 3. (assuming the man Lawende saw was the Ripper with Eddowes) had been witnessed by three Jews 4. and apparently murdered another prostitute outside a Jewish club an hour or so before (I can't remember exact timing).

It's more likely than not his handiwork but I'm not totally convinced.

Hi M & P,

I agree with a lot you said,.....Point 1, the only evidence that Jack was Jewish are police remarks, and Point 2, a very suggestive co-incidence considering the use of "Blame" and "Jews" in the message, ...Point 3, if the time was right given by Lawende, and we know he did identify Kate's clothing, its almost inconceivable that the man she is with isnt her killer if only based on the time before she is found murdered and mutilated, and on Point 4, it was approx 44 minutes from the time Diemshutz finds Liz to the time Watkins finds Kate....the distance between the sites is about a 10 minute walk,....makes you wonder what he did for the other 20-25 minutes.

And what Kate was doing during that time.

All the best.

The Good Michael 06-10-2009 02:51 AM

I think no, he didn't write it, but it was his just the same.

Mike

Celesta 06-10-2009 04:07 AM

No, don't think so. Makes good theater though.