Jacob Levy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacob Levy

For me there is only one candidate to be the Whitechapel murderer and that is the jew Jacob Levy . He used to work as a butcherer and he used his knowledge with the knife when he killed and mutilated his victims . When he disembowelled Eddows in complete darkness there can only be someone with similar knowledge lika a butcherer to do that . And the whole point with mutilating the poor victims was because that Levy had in the past recieved syhpilis from a hooker and when it turned out that this sickness of his was brought to his children and made their faces deformed he wanted revenge . And right after the last murder he was sent to a hospital for mental treatment . And when he died in 1891 the whole investigation of the Whitechapel murderer was abruptely closed without explaniation . Thats my conclusion !
    Last edited by JG76; 08-27-2012, 05:52 PM.

Agreed mostly....

I like your thinking JG76 except I never heard anything about deformed faces....This character definitely deserves further research anyway.......

He also apparently liked to steal useless things which also falls into Jtr's wheelhouse....

And he lived right in the heart of the district........is this the real Koz?

Greg

Comment

Just think about it .....an eye for an eye . His own mistakes turned his kids deformed in their faces .That explains his carving of the victims faces . Im not an expert in medicine but maybe I should look (In a book!) if some sexual diseases can be infected to one´s children .

Comment

Originally posted by JG76 View Post
        Just think about it .....an eye for an eye . His own mistakes turned his kids deformed in their faces .That explains his carving of the victims faces . Im not an expert in medicine but maybe I should look (In a book!) if some sexual diseases can be infected to one´s children .
        Yes, syphilis can be transmitted to children. It's called congenital syphilis. It is however a myth that children with congenital syphilis have any specific physical deformity. A myth played on by the video game Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper. There also is no sign that Levy passed his syphilis on to his wife, who lived to a fairly respectable age.
        The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Is Jacob Levy a possible JtR? Yes.

Is there "only one candidate to be the Whitechapel murderer"? No.

Regards, Bridewell.
          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

HAVING READ THE FORUM'S ARTICLE ON jACOB lEVY, i WOULD SAY THAT HE IS A MUCH MORE VIABLE SUSPECT THAN MOST....

Comment

aND I REALLY SHOULD DO SOME RESEARCH ON CAPSLOCK.....

Comment

Jacob Levy remains a fairly strong candidate.

Comment

Someone who fits a particular profile of the type of killer sought by we students of these crimes should be referred to as a "Person of Interest", rather than a Suspect.....although its semantics, its a bit disheartening to many of us that have studied over many years that we still have named Individuals identified as "Suspects" without any known link to the crimes, the individuals, or crimes similar in nature.

That someone had mental illness seems to be enough...however, if the Canonical Group is little more than a theory, then a motive for murder may exist in some of these cases that doesnt rely on an individual driven to kill by impulses.

Cheers
                  Michael Richards

Comment

Jacob Levy

Hi All
                    Hi JG76
                    If I may.....
                    Of course i think Jacob is a strong suspect, the only major thing against him being no.1 is that he is not mentioned in any police report that we know of.
                    As myself and Tj stated-:
                    Jacob was the right height stated by his cousin, the witness Joseph Hyam Levy.
                    He wandered aimlessly at night
                    He had the necessary knife skills.
                    Jacobs death certificate stated that he died from syphillis, probably contracted from prostitutes.
                    he had a traumatic upbringing, probably being involved in cutting up dead animals from a young age.
                    Jacob discovered his elder brothers body hanging in his bedroom at the age of 19.
                    He was jailed in 1886, were he attempted suicide.
                    He lost the respect of his Jewish traders.
                    Looking at his medical reports it is easy to deduce that Jacob was schizophrenic.
                    Jacobs mother, Caroline, died inMay 1888, a common stressor.

You also mention about Jacobs children being possibly disfigured. Well within his intake file (A/H10/2/11/438) to brentwood asylum in 1886 it seems he cannot remember the name of his youngest child. Doesn't seem to be a lot of attachment there.

Keep Well
                    Jimi

Comment

For the life of me

I can't remember where I read this but seems like someone said it somewhere that his brother, not sure which, lived on Goulston. Possibly in Wentworth. Stupid brain.
                      Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

solo suspects

Hello All. Levy may well be the least bad of the "solo" suspects.

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

Hullo Lynn!

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                          Hello All. Levy may well be the least bad of the "solo" suspects.

Cheers.
                          LC
                          Why just one good Sir? Side question- How tall was Polly Nichols? Can't find.
                          Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

Nevermind

Like I always say, "Don't look too hard for something. You just might find it."
                            Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

solo killer

Hello DLDW. Thanks.

I meant, "solo killer."

Spratling lists Polly as 5'2"-3".

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

Working...
                              X