CNN has lost all credibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNN has lost all credibility

CNN has gotten so hopelessly obsessed with Donald Trump that since his election 90 percent of its headlines and main stories are about him. FAke news, flat out errors, twisting of headlines so that every story, no matter how peripheral they try to tie to him and with a negative spin. They have gotten so bad that even liberal leaning people I know, and there's a lot of them, even say that they don't even believe CNN anymore. CNN has become the National Enquirer of national news.

It be laughable if it wasn't so sad.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Good.

It's not laughable because we came this >< close to losing the country to the globalists and Marxists partly because of the lying, biased lamestream media.

But it's not sad because more and more people are catching on to the lamestream media lies and Fake News, and waking up.

Comment

It's as though the world is slowly awakening from the long nightmare of globalism.
      - Ginger

Comment

I'm not up on current economic thinking, so I searched "why is globalism bad" and got this result from Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmo.../#204fb8dc483f

Interesting.
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
          CNN has gotten so hopelessly obsessed with Donald Trump that since his election 90 percent of its headlines and main stories are about him. FAke news, flat out errors, twisting of headlines so that every story, no matter how peripheral they try to tie to him and with a negative spin. They have gotten so bad that even liberal leaning people I know, and there's a lot of them, even say that they don't even believe CNN anymore. CNN has become the National Enquirer of national news.

It be laughable if it wasn't so sad.
          Oh, it's still laughable! I laugh almost every night. Honestly, I would have guessed MSNBC would have gone 'round the bend first. But, CNN beat them to it, handily....before Trump took office.

What's more, it's CNN's 'straight news' that's become an unmitigated joke. I mean, we knew MSNBC's Rachael Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell, and Chris Matthews would throw nightly conniptions, and they have. Alas, over on CNN you have Tapper, Cooper, and Blitzer tirelessly blowing everything that comes out of the Trump White House into an international crisis, Watergate, or the beginning of the end times.

To be fair, Fox did the same thing for eight years with Obama. But, as with MSNBC, that was - primarily with some exceptions - the opinion people like O'Reilly, Hannity, and the Fox and Friends crew. CNN has historically tried to set itself apart from Fox, MSNBC, et al...they're 'America's Newsroom', the "most trusted" name in news, all that baloney. Now they've lost any ability to hide what they've always been: a bunch of crybaby liberals whose worldview is simple: Democrats = Always Right, Good, True, Honest; Republicans = Hitler (who would never stoop to using chemical weapons, by the way).

Comment

I think that President Trump's actions in Syria represent the best foreign policy decision of his presidency, whatever the alt-right may think. He had clearly been genuinely disturbed by Assad's brutal recourse to chemical weapons against his own people, and came to the conclusion that such atrocities couldn't go unanswered.

The alt-right also should understand that American isolationism will be disastrous for world stability, just as it was in the inter-war years. Simply put, if America doesn't stand up to brutal dictators who else will?

Comment

I really don't think that concern for the Syrians played any role in that decision. Europeans and the American left just love it when you justify a decision on grounds of "compassion", and I think that's why he said that, was to wrong-foot people who would otherwise be up in arms about it.

The real reason, IMHO, is that it's absolutely in America's interest to prevent other countries from using or even possessing chemical weapons. They're cheap, and effective, and they're a powerful battlefield equalizer. Even though Assad's just using them to kill his own people, that still threatens our interests by making their use seem an acceptable part of war. We'd much rather have the acceptable weapons of war be restricted to multi-millon dollar precision munitions guided by GPS, which we can field but others cannot.
              - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                I'm not up on current economic thinking, so I searched "why is globalism bad" and got this result from Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmo.../#204fb8dc483f

Interesting.
                https://www.the-american-interest.co...ats-globalism/ is interesting and relevant as well, IMHO.
                - Ginger

Comment

I argued some time ago that Donald Trump was destined to disappoint a lot of people and this is already proving to be the case. The difficulty as I see it is that many of his supporters are deeply ideological-in fact, that's probably true of the Republican Party generally. In contrast, President Trump is essentially a pragmatist. He's certainly nothing like Margaret Thatcher, for example, who's total inflexibility eventually destroyed her political career.

This really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, particularly as he made his position clear during the campaign: "No, it's not going to be the Trump doctrine. Because in life, you have to have flexibility. You have to change. You know, you may say one thing and then the following year you want to change it, because circumstances are different."

Comment

CNN lost credibility...

Did they ever have it????

Or any of the others for that matter.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by John G View Post
                      I argued some time ago that Donald Trump was destined to disappoint a lot of people and this is already proving to be the case. The difficulty as I see it is that many of his supporters are deeply ideological-in fact, that's probably true of the Republican Party generally. In contrast, President Trump is essentially a pragmatist. He's certainly nothing like Margaret Thatcher, for example, who's total inflexibility eventually destroyed her political career.
                      I'm completely in love with him. This is the first POTUS in my adult life (I'm 56) who puts America's interests ahead of a poliical party's. That's appalled a lot of the career politicians, but I think it's way too late to put the cat back into the bag. I don't expect American politics to return to business as usual any time soon.
                      - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
                        Oh, it's still laughable! I laugh almost every night. Honestly, I would have guessed MSNBC would have gone 'round the bend first. But, CNN beat them to it, handily....before Trump took office.

What's more, it's CNN's 'straight news' that's become an unmitigated joke. I mean, we knew MSNBC's Rachael Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell, and Chris Matthews would throw nightly conniptions, and they have. Alas, over on CNN you have Tapper, Cooper, and Blitzer tirelessly blowing everything that comes out of the Trump White House into an international crisis, Watergate, or the beginning of the end times.

To be fair, Fox did the same thing for eight years with Obama. But, as with MSNBC, that was - primarily with some exceptions - the opinion people like O'Reilly, Hannity, and the Fox and Friends crew. CNN has historically tried to set itself apart from Fox, MSNBC, et al...they're 'America's Newsroom', the "most trusted" name in news, all that baloney. Now they've lost any ability to hide what they've always been: a bunch of crybaby liberals whose worldview is simple: Democrats = Always Right, Good, True, Honest; Republicans = Hitler (who would never stoop to using chemical weapons, by the way).
                        Bingo. And I don't think I've seen a single program where they don't play the race card. I think every CNN commentator has got a stack of them in there front pocket ready to wip out any chance they get.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Watching CNN now. The headline of this section is "Trump changes stance on Syria, Russia, china and more". Seriously. That's the headline.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I appreciate that politicians might make an election pledge and then, when 'new' circumstances arise, they change their minds. But then they shouldn't have made the pledge. When they're electioneering, they don't say "I will do X provided that A, B or C don't happen," because that makes them sound shifty. What they say is, "I will do X. Trust me. I keep my word. I will do X." So when they later go back on their pledge, they get no sympathy from me.

Comment

BTW if nuclear war breaks out, can anyone recommend a really good denture glue?

Comment

Working...
                              X