Biographical Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biographical Information

Paul Begg's 'The Facts' (and the details on this site) mentions that Martha Tabram (and husband Henry) had two sons - Frederick John (1871) and Charles Henry (1872). I am very willing to concede that this information is correct - I assume it is, but the 1871 census has an entry for Henry (B 1836) Furniture porter, and Martha (B 1850) with sons Henry (1861) and Frederick (1870). What have I done wrong?

Wow! If the census entry is correct, then Martha was only eleven years old when her son was born.

It's probably more likely that someone's handwriting was misread.

Bulldog

Comment

Henry junior was not Martha's son. Henry senior had a previous wife, Matilda - see 1861 census.

Comment

Thanks

I knew it would be simple!

Comment

Not sure what became of Charles, but Frederick moved to Wales and married a local girl called Ann Thomas. They had 5 children - one was named after Martha but she died in infancy.

Comment

In the 1891 census there's a Charles H. Tabrum, born in Peckham, London around 1870 or so, working as a groom in Kensington Town, with his wife Emily J. (b.circa 1871 in Clerkenwell, London) and son Charles F. born earlier in 1891.

In the 1901 theres...um...not a lot really! or at least, I can't find them....

Comment

The Peckham man is Charles Hampton Tabrum, not Charles Henry. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Charles Henry went to live abroad (possibly USA) but I'm not sure where I read it, or even if I read it!

Comment

Working...
              X