Robert House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert House

Has anyone read Robert House's 'Jack the Ripper and the Case for Scotland Yard's Prime Suspect' and would you recommend it? House is, according to the blurb on Amazon, the world's foremost expert on Aaron Kosminski. Crikey!

It was recommended to me by an American friend. I'm in Australia, so I can't just go over to her house and borrow it. I want to know if it's worthwhile before I buy it on Kindle.

Hi Rosella,

Yes, I've read it.

Why not buy a copy on the recommendation of your American friend and find out for yourself whether or not its worthwhile?

Regards,

Simon
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
      Has anyone read Robert House's 'Jack the Ripper and the Case for Scotland Yard's Prime Suspect' and would you recommend it? House is, according to the blurb on Amazon, the world's foremost expert on Aaron Kosminski. Crikey!

It was recommended to me by an American friend. I'm in Australia, so I can't just go over to her house and borrow it. I want to know if it's worthwhile before I buy it on Kindle.
      yes absolutely. I bought and read it. Koz is on my short list for viable candidates, though last on the list. and the only reason he is on there is because he is the only suspect that has a modicum of possible evidence against him-the possible ID, and because he is mentioned by 3 top police officials. That being said, its still weak.

But its a great book and well worth buying it. I would say a must have for anyone interested in suspects.
      "Is all that we see or seem
      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Thanks, I'll go ahead and buy it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post

It is a beautifully sourced and well-reasoned book. I recommend you purchase one at once. You won't regret it.

Comment

Agreed.
            Excellent book for a very poor suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
              Agreed.
              Excellent book for a very poor suspect.
              Good point...

Comment

It is a very good Whitechapel book because it goes into some detail about the time period between MJKs death and the search of properites around the area which may have bush beaten JtR out into face to face talks with the police.

I think the coverage of these raids, the Kozminski family and surveillance operations makes it a good read. Also from what I remember the book stays somewhat Canonical on the main 5.

It is actually one of the better JtR books out there dispite being written about a suspect.
                Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Working...
                X