Colin Wilson RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin Wilson RIP

Very sad to hear that the celebrated author Colin Wilson has passed away at the age of 82. Among his many claims to distinction, he wrote some groundbreaking articles on the Ripper case in the 1960s and may have been the first person to coin the word 'Ripperologist'. His early novel Ritual in the Dark was also inspired by JTR. There is much more that can and will be written about his legacy, but for now I just wanted to note his passing.
    Andrew

That is sad to hear. Since it's the weekend, I think I'll re-read my favourite of his books, Ritual in the Dark.

Comment

Hi,
      Very saddened to hear about Colin, he was the very first notable person I communicated with back in the early 1970's, and was very gracious with his time, he not only corresponded with me over a lengthy period, but sent me much appreciated items .
      Regards Richard.

Comment

Thanks for the (albeit sad) news Andrew

All the best

Dave

Comment

In his introduction to Donald Rumbelow's book, Colin Wilson wrote:

"It seems to me that identifying suspects who could [italics] have been Jack the Ripper is waste of time, since London at the time must have been full of people who could have been the Ripper."

Reading some of the latest threads about Chapman, Hutchinson, Bury, Cross etc., it strikes me that this is still one of the wisest things ever said about the case.

Comment

Working...
          X