Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Of Prisoner 1167 - James Tully

Synopsis
    James Kelly was criminally insane, and was sent to Broadmoor in 1883 for stabbing his wife to death. He escaped in 1888. His own account of his subsequent adventures in England, France, Canada and the USA is an adventure story in itself, but there is a gap. He was significantly vague over where he was and what he did in 1888/9 - The months of the Ripper Murders. James Tully's persistent research has revealed damning evidence from previously secret files - some mysteriously called - that during these months the police were well aware that Kelly could well be the Ripper, but they failed to find him and then deliberately covered up their mistakes. Backing his arguments with meticulous research into the exact evidence at the inquest, and a wealth of historical and psychological detail - Kelly's personality eerily matches today's offender profiles of serial killers - James Tully presents an overwhelming case that here, at last, is the definitive answer to the greatest conundrum in the history of crime.

(Not my words)

Peter
    Living the Dream!

I am currently reading this book. Very good so far and as with all theories, I am willing to be convinced....
    Best regards,
    Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

The book was highly recommended to me by some of the more knowledgeable folks on the Casebook. After reading it, I have to say they were 100% right and that the book is now one of my favorites. It doesn't really matter if you agree or disagree that James Kelly was the Ripper. Tully has some details that I had had not seen in some of the other books. He also has the best discussion of the layout of Miller's Ct. I've yet come across. It's a very enjoyable read, as well.

Best,

Cel
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Working...
      X