Camden Town Murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camden Town Murder

My friends and I in Clock DVA wrote a song about this case; Cypher. When I was in Cabaret Voltaire sensoria references JTR.

However to the point, I have always been fascinated by both JTR and the Emily Dimmock murder. In fact, other than watching the mighty Sheffield Wednesday and reading about murders, and creating metal machine music there was not much to do in our wasteland thanks to Thatcher. But having read that Bert Shaw was in Sheffield the evening / morning of the murder I would be interested in observations.

Also I am a "fan" of Sickert (he is not guilty m'lord) who was at 6 Mornington Crescent.

Cypher was about the postcard written by Robert William George Cavers Wood. I think I have got the full name wrong - BUT would be interested to find out what happended to him. I have read John Barber's book and he does not know.

Regards

Originally posted by The Wednesday View Post
    My friends and I in Clock DVA wrote a song about this case; Cypher. When I was in Cabaret Voltaire sensoria references JTR.

However to the point, I have always been fascinated by both JTR and the Emily Dimmock murder. In fact, other than watching the mighty Sheffield Wednesday and reading about murders, and creating metal machine music there was not much to do in our wasteland thanks to Thatcher. But having read that Bert Shaw was in Sheffield the evening / morning of the murder I would be interested in observations.

Also I am a "fan" of Sickert (he is not guilty m'lord) who was at 6 Mornington Crescent.

Cypher was about the postcard written by Robert William George Cavers Wood. I think I have got the full name wrong - BUT would be interested to find out what happended to him. I have read John Barber's book and he does not know.

Regards
    Hello,

In Edward Majoribanks' "For the Defense: The Life of Sir Edward Marshall-Hall" in his chapter on the Camden Town case he mentions that Marshall-Hall was involved in a trial once (years after Wood's trial of 1907) and a small man walked over to him and said, "It's good to see you Sir Edward." Marshall-Hall looked at the man and said, "I'm sorry, I have a bad memory for faces...is your name Wood?" The man looked gravely and said, "No it isn't, but I want to thank you."

That may have been the last public appearance of he who was once the artist Robert Wood.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by The Wednesday View Post

Regards
      Clock DVA, The Cabs - those names bring back memories. As soon as I see the name Cabaret Voltaire I hear Nag Nag Nag in my head!
      These are not clues, Fred.
      It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
      They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
      And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
      We will not.

Comment

Working...
      X