"Open Files" featuring essays by Paul Begg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Open Files" featuring essays by Paul Begg

It is always nice to find a bargain in a charity shop and this afternoon I happened to spend £1.50 in support of a local childrens hospice on an Annual sized book of Forteana called "Open Files: The Unexplained." It covers all kinds of weird mysteries (Did Ancient Reptile Aliens build pyramids? Probably not. Is there any evidence for the treasure pit? etc.) And just to make me extra happy it seems as though esteemed Ripper Scribe Mr Begg contributed one of the better essays (not least in terms of evidence and scepticism, by not falling into the trap of assuming "Guy X saw Y so let's report Y as fact instead of the report as the fact) on Spring Heeled Jack.

And lets face it folks, good quality work on Londons other mysterious Jack is always a pleasure. This artefact of the eighties is no different. If you stumble on the book, I can recommend the section by Begg whole heartedly.
    There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Good Find.
    I still keep looking out for Days Of My Years or The Lighter Side Of My Official Life but no copies have turned up yet in the Grantham Charity Shops!
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Working...
    X