Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The complete JtR A to Z for £1

Guys
    Just to let you know that today (Sunday 12th May 2013) Poundland have this book at £1

Not sure if it will be in all shops but at the moment in Stratford u Avon there are about 7 copies at £1 each.

Thought I'd mention it. Bargain if ever there was one.
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
    ---------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Richard. I'll have a look the next time I'm in Grantham.
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

They had none in Poundland Grantham when I checked today.

Comment

I've bitten the bullet and bought one from Amazon as mine was the late 1990's edition.

Comment

My local Poundland has none. They do have Eamonn Holmes autobiography though. Oh joy !

Comment

Originally posted by Observer View Post
            My local Poundland has none. They do have Eamonn Holmes autobiography though. Oh joy !
            Lucky you! My Amazon copy (the A to Z, not Eammon Holmes) arrived this morning, so I've got plenty to go at.

Comment

So did my copy of Chris Scott's "Will The Real Mary Kelly...?" Decisions, decisions!

Comment

No contest Colin...read Chris Scott's book first!

All the best

Dave

Comment

Thanks, Dave. I am doing!

Comment

Sound instinct Colin!

Dave

Comment

&quot;Will The Real Mary Kelly...?&quot;

Thanks, Dave.

Good book. Very useful to have all that information and research in one place. Soundly structured arguments too.

I was slightly puzzled by Chris's claim that Bond hadn't commented on whether or not MJK was pregnant. My recollection is that Bond described her as 'not gravid', meaning that she wasn't.

Comment

Hi Bridewell
                        Firstly many thanks for buying the book and the kind comments:-)
                        I specifically referred to the post mortem report of Bond in which the uterus is only mentioned once as follows:-
                        "The viscera were found in various parts viz: the uterus & Kidneys with one breast under the head,"
                        This only attests to the presence of the organ and not its condition regarding possible pregnancy.
                        The full transcription is at

This may go back to an early version of the A to Z as a 2004 post by Jeff Leahy states:-
                        I spoke to Paul Begg today who confirms that he is unsure where the reference to Kelly being Gravid comes from in A to Z.

Also Dave Yost in his excellent dissertation writes:-
                        "at inquest the doctors made no mention of it [pregnancy]."
                        Only one doctor testified at the inquest. No autopsy information was presented at the inquest, (except for cause of death), so it is impossible to omit a single item from a list of items that was never given. Plus, Dr. Bond’s report does not state that the uterus was gravid. Additionally, the Daily Telegraph comments, "By design, the medical testimony adduced at the inquest was limited to that which was absolutely required to enable the jury to find respecting the cause of death."
                        I recommend this dissertation which is at

Regards
                        Chris
                        Last edited by Chris Scott; 05-22-2013, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
                          Hi Bridewell
                          Firstly many thanks for buying the book and the kind comments:-)
                          I specifically referred to the post mortem report of Bond in which the uterus is only mentioned once as follows:-
                          "The viscera were found in various parts viz: the uterus & Kidneys with one breast under the head,"
                          This only attests to the presence of the organ and not its condition regarding possible pregnancy.
                          The full transcription is at

This may go back to an early version of the A to Z as a 2004 post by Jeff Leahy states:-
                          I spoke to Paul Begg today who confirms that he is unsure where the reference to Kelly being Gravid comes from in A to Z.

Also Dave Yost in his excellent dissertation writes:-
                          "at inquest the doctors made no mention of it [pregnancy]."
                          Only one doctor testified at the inquest. No autopsy information was presented at the inquest, (except for cause of death), so it is impossible to omit a single item from a list of items that was never given. Plus, Dr. Bond’s report does not state that the uterus was gravid. Additionally, the Daily Telegraph comments, "By design, the medical testimony adduced at the inquest was limited to that which was absolutely required to enable the jury to find respecting the cause of death."
                          I recommend this dissertation which is at

Regards
                          Chris
                          Hi Chris,

Many thanks for going to so much trouble over this. I guess I must have got the "Not gravid" thing from the earlier edition of the A - Z, but unfortunately I can't check as I gave it to my daughter when the up-to-date version arrived!

Comment

Working...
                          X