Kneeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kneeling

I've thought and thought about Kelly's position on the bed when she was murdered. Bagster Phillips thought she had been moved post mortem, and the blood spatter and pooling suggested she'd been killed while lying on her right side in her bed, close to the partition wall. That's probably right given that there was evidence of arterial splatter on the partition wall itself. It's really hard to cut someone's throat from behind while they are in that position. The back, shoulder and head form a natural protection. The only way this murder makes sense to me is if the killer was kneeling beside her on the bed, pulls her up in front of him possibly by the hair, cuts her throat and lets the body sink down and bleed. That would explain the splatter on the wall and the blood pooling beneath the bed. Otherwise he's lying beside her, and so one arm is taken up with supporting him while he kills her with the other. It's remotely possible if the guy has the balance of Baryshnikov. But it's really not very probable.

However the implications of this method of killing are interesting. He wouldn't have been able to take her by surprise unless she was drowsy or sleeping. And she is probably only sleeping if she had intended to turn in for the night. After all, time is money and she needed money. This is pure speculation, but I just can't believe that a woman would relax and maybe fall asleep facing away from a complete stranger. She puts herself in a completely vulnerable position if she does. And if she's awake, she's comfy enough with this person to allow him to kneel on the bed behind her without getting worried.

So either she's turned in for the night with someone she trusts and intends to spend the night with, or someone comes at her through the door or (I doubt it) through the window and kills her while she sleeps alone. I think this latter is unlikely, because it would be difficult to establish when she is actually sleeping, and if she's awake she could cause all kinds of problems and sound.

I don't know if this gets us very far forward, but the position of the killing in this case has interested me for a long time. She looks like she might be more vulnerable to attack than any of the other victims, but it is much, much easier to attack, subdue and kill someone while they are upright than it is in this awkward position!
Working...
X