X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed: lost ref to this press cutting on Chapman

Hi folks

Re George Chapman

I am putting captions on to the images in my book and found that I had stupidly saved this image from somewhere without attaching or noting where it came from.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone recognise it?

Thanks to anyone who can ID this!

Helena

Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Panic over, someone just PMed me - got the ref. now PHEW...

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

I'm looking forward to the book Helena

Have you got the title now?

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
        I'm looking forward to the book Helena

Have you got the title now?
        Yes Nemo it's in my sig... x

Comment

Oh yes, apologies

Good luck with everything

I'm expecting this to be the definitive book about the Chapman case

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
            Oh yes, apologies

Good luck with everything

I'm expecting this to be the definitive book about the Chapman case
            Thanks very much mate!

I think this WILL be THE definitive book. I can't imagine anyone else will ever want to write one. It took up 18 months of my life (so far!)

It puts right all the myths that have been perpetrated about him. It settles all the arguments at long last. I know I missed the boat on here - he seems to have had his heyday on here a few years ago... lol... but hopefully it will be of interest to a few people.

I just redesigned the cover - hope you like it!

Helena

Comment

Hi Helena

Yes I think you might've missed the height of popularity of GC as a Ripper suspect, but to set against that, people have now read your splendid railway work and know that you can write compellingly...well I bloody hope they have or there's no hope for anyone...

Frankly, whether there's a Ripper connection or not, I shall certainly be buying a copy of your book...simply because I think it'll be a brilliant read...

All the best

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                Hi Helena

Yes I think you might've missed the height of popularity of GC as a Ripper suspect, but to set against that, people have now read your splendid railway work and know that you can write compellingly...well I bloody hope they have or there's no hope for anyone...

Frankly, whether there's a Ripper connection or not, I shall certainly be buying a copy of your book...simply because I think it'll be a brilliant read...

All the best

Dave
                Thank you Dave for your lovely compliments both on "Railwaywomen" and my writing style. You are making me blush <blush>.

And thank you for saying you will buy my book (would you prefer paperback or Kindle?)

I am having the most tremendous difficulty in deciding how many to have printed... I need to get a feel of how many I am likely to sell and, as you say, Chapman has temporarily gone "out of fashion" as a suspect.

Cheers

Helena

Comment

Any closer to a publication date yet Helena?

Best wishes

Dave

Comment

Hi Helena,

looking forward to reading your book come January. Are preorders available already? I like the title and cover design and would love to get a signed copy!

Regards,

Boris
                    ~ All perils, specially malignant, are recurrent - Thomas De Quincey ~

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                      Any closer to a publication date yet Helena?

Best wishes

Dave

Publication date December 2012. (Copied & Pasted from Helena's signature)

Regards, Bridewell
                      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Thank you Bridewell Dave and Boris for your interest in my book :-)

Made me very happy to log on today and see those messages!

Publication date December 2012. (Copied & Pasted from Helena's signature)

Nothing much gets past the eagle-eyed Bridewell, does it?

I'm still editing the book all day every day: endlessly fiddling with a sentence here and a comma there; refining, hopefully improving. My plan is to upload it as a Kindle book by Christmas.

After that, I will reformat (re-typset) the book in a professional layout program for the printed edition, and send it to the printers around January. It usually takes about two weeks to receive the printed copies, provided all goes well with the files and there are no missing fonts or problems with images (there usually is!)

Cheers!

Helena

Comment

Nice one Helena!

All the best

Dave

Comment

Working...
                          X