Rippercast 30 - A Clue in Whitechapel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rippercast 30 - A Clue in Whitechapel

I've just relistened to this podcast, and there's a fantastic bit at the end which should give all Ripperologists a good chuckle.

The focus of the podcast is the Goulston Street graffito, and a significant chunk of time is given over to debating the meaning of the graffito and the fact that we'll probably never know what was intended by it.

Right at the end someone (I can't remember who) asks whether PC Long left someone to watch Goulston street whilst he took the apron to the police station, and Chris states that at the inquest PC H <insert number I can't remember> was said by Long to have been charged with keeping watch on the doorway at Goulston Street. Chris also remarks that he would dearly like to know what this constable's name was.

It is at this point that Gareth chimes in with:

"Probably Constable Juwes..."

Classic - well done sir

In fact, Gareth is in particular good form on this particular podcast. When someone asks if there were any periods in the original message he remarks "Is this that Trevor Marriot theory again?"

Rippercast is always a joy to listen to!

Ironically enough I was just re listening to this podcast tonight (I'm now on to Debs Arif and the Torso one)

It was a good Podcast. The PC mentioned is 190H, a PC Billy Bettles, whose photo appears in the latest A-Z issue.

Monty
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
      The PC mentioned is 190H, a PC Billy Bettles, whose photo appears in the latest A-Z issue.
      Many thanks (and you've reminded me to nip over to Amazon and see if I can get a copy of the A-Z).

Comment

Working...
      X