Ezekiel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ezekiel

In "The Fox & the Flies", historian Charles van Onselen links Joseph Silver with Whitechapel murders. I'm not convinced, but there are interesting passage about possible religious motivations of the killer.
    That's how biblical city is cleaned from the whoredom in the Book of Ezekiel:

"And I will set my jealousy against thee, and they shall deal furiously with thee: they shall take away thy nose and thine ears; and thy remnant shall fall by the sword: they shall take thy sons and thy daughters; and thy residue shall be devoured by the fire.

They shall also strip thee out of thy clothes, and take away thy fair jewels.

Thus will I make thy lewdness to cease from thee, and thy whoredom brought from the land of Egypt: so that thou shalt not lift up thine eyes unto them, nor remember Egypt any more.

For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will deliver thee into the hand of them whom thou hatest, into the hand of them from whom thy mind is alienated:

And they shall deal with thee hatefully, and shall take away all thy labour, and shall leave thee naked and bare: and the nakedness of thy whoredoms shall be discovered, both thy lewdness and thy whoredoms.

I will do these things unto thee, because thou hast gone a whoring after the heathen, and because thou art polluted with their idols."

What do you think?

Hmmmmmmm . . . could be.

Granted he only disfigured Eddowes and Mary Kelly to my recollection.

--J.D.

Comment

Ezekiel was also the witness of a strange sky chariot, which has been described as the first ever documented UFO landing!
      Regards Mike

Comment

But we don't blame Ezekiel himself for Whitechapel murders, do we?

Comment

Are there any vicars/priests in the 'suspects' pile?
          Must check...
          Roll up the lino, Mother. We're raising Behemoth tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
            Ezekiel was also the witness of a strange sky chariot, which has been described as the first ever documented UFO landing!
            Must . . . not . . . comment . . . must . . . not . . . comment.

It is a much older mythic motif.

[You do not want to ask him any further, unless you are in need of sleep.--Ed.]

--J. "Ezekiel 25:17?" D.

Comment

Originally posted by steje73 View Post
              Every unfulfilled vicar/priest, rabbi or "prophet" would be suspect, I'm afraid...

Comment

"Mother, there's a dead bishop on the landing!"

Sorry . . . carry on.

Yours hermeneutically,

--J.D.

Comment

I Thnk Monty Python's "The Bishop" will be necessary.

But ad rem.
                  There's another quote:

"Thus saith the Lord GOD; Set on a pot, set it on, and also pour water into it:

Gather the pieces thereof into it, even every good piece, the thigh, and the shoulder; fill it with the choice bones.

Take the choice of the flock, and burn also the bones under it, and make it boil well, and let them seethe the bones of it therein.

Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe to the bloody city, to the pot whose scum is therein, and whose scum is not gone out of it! bring it out piece by piece; let no lot fall upon it.

For her blood is in the midst of her; she set it upon the top of a rock; she poured it not upon the ground, to cover it with dust;

That it might cause fury to come up to take vengeance; I have set her blood upon the top of a rock, that it should not be covered.

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe to the bloody city! I will even make the pile for fire great.

Heap on wood, kindle the fire, consume the flesh, and spice it well, and let the bones be burned.

Then set it empty upon the coals thereof, that the brass of it may be hot, and may burn, and that the filthiness of it may be molten in it, that the scum of it may be consumed."

Comment

Originally posted by steje73 View Post
                    Must check...
                    That wasn't supposed to be a serious post...
                    Roll up the lino, Mother. We're raising Behemoth tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by adamkle View Post
                      But ad rem.
                      Oh I have a lot of them . . . but that is for the Pub or some other section!

Originally posted by steje73
                      That wasn't supposed to be a serious post....
                      Obviously.

Why else would you exclude the nuns and choirboys?

--J. "Lying Down the Lying Down of a Woman" D.

Comment

don't kill me, just remember that four "canonical" victims from August 31-September 30 formed almost perfect cross on the map of Whitechapel.
                        yes, ezekiel + damned oldfashioned patterns again...

Comment

Working...
                        X