A caveat: Old Bailey Transcripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A caveat: Old Bailey Transcripts

The Old Bailey trial transcripts are a mine of information, and some members are already posting links or publishing excerpts here.

Good stuff, and long may it continue.

However, I feel I should flag up a warning against reading only the transcripts themselves (i.e. in Web page format), as they can often be peppered with errors - probably due to glitches in the scanning process.

Note that each transcript invites one to "See Original" - you click on a link, and a scanned image of the original typed page(s) appears. I'd recommend that this practice be followed to avoid any potential misinterpretations or ambiguities.

Here endeth the lesson
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Quite right, Sam, that is why I have always posted them with the original link.
    There do appear to be more errors in the new batch, but most of 'em appear to be just like little ol' me: 'armless.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
      Quite right, Sam, that is why I have always posted them with the original link.
      Noted, and indeed appreciated, AP
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Thanks for that Sam and AP, I have just looked the typed up reports so will go over the stuff I have found and glance over the original.

Thanks
        Regards Mike

Comment

New Section for court cases

I don't mean to "volunteer" more work for the Casebook staff, however wouldn't it be more useful if there was a separate Casebook "section" not unlike the "Press Reports" section for the transcript of these court cases? Message boards can be difficult to search through and are periodically "archived" off. A separate section would organize the information in a much more meaningful way and prevent a duplication of effort.

I would gladly volunteer to go through and edit some of the documents to clean up "errors" as Sam pointed out. Although I believe Stephen is currently on vacation and will probably want to voice his opinion on such a proposal.
          Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X