connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connection?

Wondering if the attempted murder later in the day had any connection with the successful one earlier ,according to this newspaper report.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dougie; 05-02-2008, 02:34 AM.

sorry im crap at uploading images,here is the other part of the report
    Attached Files

Comment

This reminds me of the story of that Emily Walters or Walton woman, except that a man was supposed to have tried to lure her to #29 Hanbury. I don't know if that story has been established as a fiction, or not. Sugden hinted that it might be. Of course, Walters' experience was prior to Chapman.

So who is the woman from Spitalfields market? This is not ringing a bell with me. Where did you find this item, Doug?

It's pretty interesting because it certainly sounds like Chapman.
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Thanks Dougie. Not much about the attempted murder though. Wonder what it was all about.
        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Stan,,
          No ,just that brief mention,bit dissapointing really,Id have hoped for bit more detail ,but there you go.
          Celesta,
          I got it from the guardian/observer newspaper archives...signed up for 24 hour pass..it took me 3 hours to get it to work .....nonetheless for that a very good site ,I think the newspaper archive goes back to 1820,with varying degrees of quality obviously.
          kind regards

Comment

I've seen reference to this before and I can't find the source. Is this story about a woman in Spitalfields Mkt familiar? I know I've seen it.
            "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

This sounds really interesting.
              Best regards,
              Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Hmm, that's really interesting, dougie. (Know what you mean about the flipping Guardian site--three hours is good going, it took me two separate tries ) Can you recall the date of it?
                best,

claire

Comment

Working...
                X