Book Bought For Me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Bought For Me....

Dah dah, my Mum has just come round for a cup of tea, and she reads books like they're going out of fashion. Anyway, she was in the charity shop buying books and very kindly bought me a Jack The Ripper book.

To my surprise, the author is...........

Suspense for one and all I'm sure.........

The one and only Trevor Marriott!

I'm thriled, genuinely.

Trevor, is this book any good? Will I learn the truth and nothing but the truth?

That was very nice of your Mum. I wish I had a thoughtful relative who would buy JtR books for me. The book is, in fact, not all that good, but I suppose you know that by now.

Comment

If you can believe it, there are in fact 2 books out by Trevor Marriott. One of them is about “suspect“ Feigenbaum.
      Best regards,
      Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac
        she reads books like they're going out of fashion.
        Where have you been? They are.

Trevor, is this book any good? Will I learn the truth and nothing but the truth?
        Trevor has since disavowed the theory in that book. I'm not joking. He now believes each victim was killed by a separete killer, and that none of the organs were actually taken away by the killer. This means his next book should make for a more interesting read than his first.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
          That was very nice of your Mum. I wish I had a thoughtful relative who would buy JtR books for me. The book is, in fact, not all that good, but I suppose you know that by now.
          Yeah, it was kind of her.

I thought it had good points:

a) It wasn't overly detailed.
          b) The theory wasn't as fantastical as some.
          c) Fot those lacking the time to devote to the subject, it was informative.

On the downside, the more convincing suspects weren't discussed.

All in all, worth a read.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post

Where have you been? They are.
            Words remain our currency, Tom. Shame most of us have a sub-standard grasp of the English language, but then we do paradox quite well.

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post

Trevor has since disavowed the theory in that book. I'm not joking. He now believes each victim was killed by a separete killer, and that none of the organs were actually taken away by the killer. This means his next book should make for a more interesting read than his first.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
            In Trevor's defence, I suppose he can make a few people happy with this idea: Barnett for Kelly; Kidney for Stride; PC Watkins for Eddowes; Cat Man for Chapman; Lechmere for Nichols. Everyone's a winner. Have a few people killing each one and we can all say we were right all along.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
              Words remain our currency, Tom. Shame most of us have a sub-standard grasp of the English language, but then we do paradox quite well.
              He's probably referring to electronic publishing – with profound apologies for butting in. :-)

Kidney for Stride; PC Watkins for Eddowes; Cat Man for Chapman; Lechmere for Nichols. Everyone's a winner. Have a few people killing each one and we can all say we were right all along.
              I do hope that this is meant as a joke.

I'm also wondering if The Grave Maurice has read Mr. Marriott's second book, but probably not?
              Best regards,
              Maria

Comment

Originally posted by mariab View Post

He's probably referring to electronic publishing – with profound apologies for butting in. :-)
                No problem, Maria. When I want to know what Tom thinks I always go straight to your posts for his views.

Only joking too :-)

Tom's an absolute gentleman, and I know he appreciates you standing his corner on a regular basis. It's clear to one and all that you two have a soft spot for another. Who would have thought it: love blossoming among the depravity of Jack the Ripper. Every cloud......

Anyway, you only think I'm joking because Le Grand isn't in there......fair enough, Le Grand did for Tabram....

Comment

Anyway, you only think I'm joking because Le Grand isn't in there......fair enough, Le Grand did for Tabram....
                  Actually, Le Grand would better fit for Emma Smith. We'll have to find someone else for Tabram. A toy soldier maybe, like in the Hans Christian Andersen tale? :-)

For the rest of your post, I'm hiding under the earth and it's probably a figment of your fertile imagination.

Luckily I'm totally relaxed right now, having just finished and sent over a total pain-in-the-butt presentation text for my conference I was completely disgusted about being required to prepare all day. Huge relief the thing is out of my hands now.
                  Best regards,
                  Maria

Comment

Barnett for Kelly; Kidney for Stride; PC Watkins for Eddowes; Cat Man for Chapman; Lechmere for Nichols.
                    Here's a more realistic list...

Nichols - Charles Cross
                    Chapman - No idea
                    Stride - Le Grand, of course. Kidney has been 'exonerated', or didn't you know?
                    Eddowes - No idea
                    Kelly - George Hutchinson. Barnett had an alibi.

Tom's an absolute gentleman, and I know he appreciates you standing his corner on a regular basis. It's clear to one and all that you two have a soft spot for another. Who would have thought it: love blossoming among the depravity of Jack the Ripper. Every cloud......
                    Not funny.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
                    X