Druitt Addresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Druitt Addresses

I don't know whether or not these are already in the public domain, or, indeed, how common the Druitt surname is.However, whilst I was researching something else, I came across references to two Druitts, who presumably could be part of MJD's extended family:
    On 24th October 1887 a Charles Druitt, a barman aged 25 years, was resident at Anchor Cottages, James Street, Haggestone.
    On 15th April 1889 a Richard Druitt, aged 2 years (& presumably other family members also) was living at 2, Phoenix Street, Hackney Road, Bethnal Green.
    I personally consider MJD an unlikely suspect, but, if they were previously unknown, those who disagree may find the addresses of some use.
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
    I don't know whether or not these are already in the public domain, or, indeed, how common the Druitt surname is.However, whilst I was researching something else, I came across references to two Druitts, who presumably could be part of MJD's extended family:
    On 24th October 1887 a Charles Druitt, a barman aged 25 years, was resident at Anchor Cottages, James Street, Haggestone.
    On 15th April 1889 a Richard Druitt, aged 2 years (& presumably other family members also) was living at 2, Phoenix Street, Hackney Road, Bethnal Green.
    I personally consider MJD an unlikely suspect, but, if they were previously unknown, those who disagree may find the addresses of some use.
    Hello Bridewell

Thanks for posting this information.

It has been previously discussed here that Montague John Druitt was distantly related to Jabez Druitt who lived at 447 Mile End Road at the time of the murders. See this discussion thread begun by Andrew Spallek on letters by Jabez Druitt along with this other thread which contains genealogical findings on that Druitt family.

Best regards

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
    just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
    For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
    RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Many thanks for the information and for the links. I may have to subscribe to Ripperologist when funds permit!
      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Relatives of MJD had addresses throughout London - and outside of London, for that matter, being that they were a large and quite distinguished family. Montague's Uncle, for instance, Robert, a famous doctor and author of his day, had a home and practice in Mayfair for quite a few years around the 1870's/80's.

Cheers,
        Adam.

Comment

Working...
        X