anyone got Sugden, The Complete History of Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone got Sugden, The Complete History of Jack the Ripper

Can anyone help please? I don't have this book but I need confirmation that Sugden wrote

"Chapman is the most likely of the known suspects to have been Jack the Ripper"

The ref I have is,

Sugden, The Complete History of Jack the Ripper 2002 edition, p468

and I just need someone to confirm that is the correct page number as I have given the book back now....

Thanks

Helena
    Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Yes Helena, that is correct, page 468, begining of paragraph 3. But the very next words are, "But in all honesty I cannot find a convincing case against any of them. And there is every possibility that the man the Victorians called 'the master murderer of the age' was in reality a complete nobody whose name never found its way into the police file... some sad social cripple who lived out his days in obscurity, his true identity a secret now known only to the dead."

Comment

I don't have the book with me at the moment but I recall him saying something to the effect of Chapman being "the least unlikely suspect" out of the current field.

He had a chapter on each of Macnaghten's suspects - Druitt, Kosminski and Ostrog - and then a Chapman chapter.

Cheers,
      Adam.

Comment

Working...
      X