Observable Victim Groupings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observable Victim Groupings

I have sttled on my next project. This is an undertaking to estblish clarity on the various victim groupings, particularky with an eye to the observable criteria for each group.As far as I can discern there are three victim pools to be mindful of. There is considerable overlap in groups, but three distict sets of boundary conditions for each group.

The Macro list is all victims either linked in the contemporary press or linked to a suspect by later reseachers. This list is the one found here.

The next group is the WMF list of victims. This is the list in the Whitechapel Murder File and can be found here.

The last group is our favorite historically speaking, the Macnaghten List. This list is differentiated on the first link in this post and it is a linear subset of the WMF.

Here is what I have come with. Questions are welcome.Dave
    Attached Files
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

There is an operational assumption that once a new level of violence has been achieved it becomes the new goal. Dave

Comment

It is also worth noting that since no murders outside the east end occur in the WMF and since there are no MS (macnaghten sequence) victims after 249 post M5, that it is potentially possible no torso victim ever recieved serious contemporary consideration. Dave

Comment

Why was Mackenzie remitted? She is in the geographical footprint of the MS and she has the wound morphology? Dave

Comment

According to the MS the only wound criteria for the MS is throat cut ( Liz Stride) and it has tremendous allowance for other wounds ( Mary Kelly). There is no other MS wound criteria. Dave

Comment

Why was the WMF restricted to the east end? There is no observable reason for this and it likely results from an extant cultural dichotomy between east and west. Dave

Comment

Just by happenstance the MS footprint contains the majority of WMF crimes? Dave

Comment

what

Hello Dave. Good work.

"Why was the WMF restricted to the east end?"

This was likely ONLY because Whitechapel was in the east. As you say, many assumptions were made. Once we establish what was happening in Whitechapel in the autumn of 1888, many assumptions, I think, can be put to rest.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

There is no observable reason. I do not know. In my mind their are two considerations to be mindful of: 1. The pre existing cultural dichotomy of east and west London and 2: a desire to disavow the Whitehall victim as a 'Jack' product. I suspect some of both. Considering the timing of the Whitehall crime, which is within the WMF temporal grouping, there was a definite reason for her exclusion. Either no west end victim was ever going to be admitted as a conscious choice, or the desire to remit Whitehall, cast the die for future victims. It is obvious from other victim recovery locations that being in Whitechapel was not actually a consideration. Dave

Comment

It should also be noted that the rear of the MS is very sketchily defined, as Mackenzie is remitted despite her fitting the observable criterion and Kelly is included despite her truly deviant wound morphology.Dave

Comment

Just to be clear at the end of the MS the only wound criteria that is constant is cut throat, which is then negated by the Mackenzie exclusion. Dave

Comment

Dave

this is really interesting stuff. Could I impose on you to write your findings up in an article? I for one would be most excited to read it.

Jen x
                        babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

nope, I will not do it, never! Dave

Comment

no even for me?

come on...pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .

x
                            babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

thereby hangs a tale

Hello Dave. There is an entire story in your posts #10 & #11. Wish all could grasp it.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

Working...
                              X