Who is your favoured suspect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your favoured suspect?

If you could name any one person as your favourite suspect for JTR, who would it be and why? Mine is Rose Mylett. I believe she was Joseph Barnett's lover and she was obsessed with him. After finding out that he was using other prostitutes, he murdered them and then brutally killed Mary Kelly out of jealousy. Barnett found out and went to Rose, where he strangled her to death for killing his true love Mary Kelly.

Personally, I don't have a favourite suspect, Rose. But I must say that your theory certainly has the advantage of being original.

Comment

Hi Blood Rose

It's a great story if nothing else! And original. Do you have a theory on the mutilations? Why not just kill her rivals - slit their throats in a back alley somewhere?

Regards

Sally.

Comment

Originally posted by Sally View Post
        Hi Blood Rose

It's a great story if nothing else! And original. Do you have a theory on the mutilations? Why not just kill her rivals - slit their throats in a back alley somewhere?

Regards

Sally.
        I think because she had such a rage within her. She hated those women with a passion and wanted to brutalise them in the worst way possible. I just wish I could find some solid evidence to back up the theory.

Comment

Rose,

This afternoon I had the feeling that I had read your theory somewhere else on these boards, so I went looking for it. Turns out it is was you: http://forum.casebook.org/showthread...1746#post71746

I'm not a researcher, at least as far as JtR is concerned, but I think you'd have difficulty finding evidence to support your theory. It's still a good story, though. As a couple of people have already pointed out, maybe you should use your idea as the basis of a novel. I've certainly read some with far less plausible premises.

Comment

A Most Unfortunate Unfortunate

Poor Rose Mylett, the most unfortunate of our little band of unfortunates.

First she is meant to have choked herself to death on her stiff velvet collar (could happen to anyone when there was no boot scraper to fall on) so saving the necks of the Met, who couldn't catch a cold and had recently let the ripper escape (a woman 'hater' called Francis "ooh no missus" Tumblety). And now she is branded a hate-filled womb collector herself.

And I thought Ripperology had enough silly moments ten years ago.

Love,

Caz
            X
            Last edited by caz; 01-10-2011, 06:00 PM.
            "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by caz
              And I thought Ripperology had enough silly moments ten years ago.
              Isn't that when your book came out?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

No Tom, but it's clear you couldn't have read it. It's not even about the ripper case!

Unless you refer to all the very many silly moments relating to Mr. Michael "God's honest truth" Barrett?

Love,

Caz
                X
                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Rose View Post
                  If you could name any one person as your favourite suspect for JTR, who would it be and why? Mine is Rose Mylett. I believe she was Joseph Barnett's lover and she was obsessed with him. After finding out that he was using other prostitutes, he murdered them and then brutally killed Mary Kelly out of jealousy. Barnett found out and went to Rose, where he strangled her to death for killing his true love Mary Kelly.
                  I would love to know how you arrived at this solution.

Is there any proof that Joe Barnett knew Rose Mylett?

Thanks,

Curious

Comment

Curious, lighten up. Of course, like all of the theories about the identity of JtR, there is no proof. But Rose's idea is, at least, novel.

Comment

Abram Gloksin.
                      My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Right now, as of today? The three of which I've read of on any great length and give credence to are: Klosowski, Kelly, and Bury. I doubt any of them did it.

Comment

Defective Detective said it best for me. Especially the part about "as of today?" Most of the time, I'm just so sure it's the as yet unidentified male East End resident. But sometimes I'm thinking: Kelly - great suspect. Bury - great suspect. That doesn't make either of them the Ripper, but still...great suspect.

Comment

Blood Rose, that's a very interesting theory. I'll definitely look more into this Rose Mylett figure. As to my favourite suspect, I would probably say Robert Mann. He was in charge of the workhouse mortuary in Old Montague Street. The Historian M. J. Trow put him forward as a suspect in 2009 and I must say some of the links between Robert Mann's life and the murders of the Ripper are astonishing.

Comment

In my wildest fantasies the ripper is a lady (why not motherly revenge for the contamination of her children), but yeah, these belong to my very private imagination. but more seriously, i would go for the Jacob Levy theory although i love stuffing my nose in all the corners and i don't rule anything out (except the far-fetched theories that don't require a PhD in criminology to come to the conclusion that it's very "out there", like the Lewis Carol theory for example). what about a multi perp scenario? (can there be a woman in it too??)

Comment

Working...
                              X