Age of the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of the Ripper

Now I understand that this aspect, the age of Jack the Ripper, is only guessed. Yet, we have a murder spree, with, in my mind six murders, the first is Martha Tabram. She dies in an unusual circumstance, now after this the killer finds his "niche", so to speak, and kills in a patternistic fashion thereafter.

In my mind, and in the eyes of the profiler, this points his age in being around 20. The serial lust-murderer is usually over the age of 20, being that the youngest group of serial offenders are serial rapists, which range in their lower 20's, I believe Jack the Ripper to be in his late 20's early 30's.

Anyhow, what do you all think?

Please vote once ,

Public pole,

Thanks,

Corey
    Early 20's
    9.09%
    Late 20's
    36.36%
    Early 30's
    27.27%
    Late 30's
    4.55%
    Early 40's
    4.55%
    Other
    18.18%
    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Hi Corey.

I also think he was in his late 20's up to perrhaps mid-30's. I would be surprised if he was older than this. Interesting Poll.

Comment

Hello Sally,

Thanks for the vote, I agree, I would be surprised if he was younger, less surprised if he was older though, but not too much older.

Lynn,

I should have put 40-60 there shouldn't I? Possible, I agree, I still like the theory, it rings possible, as does everything.

Stan,

Any age in mind, or just no possible answer?

Edward,

Ditto message to Stan.

Ben,

Thanks for the vote

Corey
      Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Thanks for the vote Bunny
        Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

ages

Hello Corey. Thanks. But, no, the ages work fine given that you include "other."

And, besides, both Isenschmid and Kelly would fall under early/mid forties. And, to be quite frank, I'm so too sure who wielded the knife with Liz and MJ.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

Any chance of disclosing the information? I don't know how you can be so sure, unless you have documentation saying or confessing that he killed them.
            Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

I have voted for late 20s because this seems to fit in with other serial killers and when they began their killing.
              In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Hello Kat,

Thanks for the vote
                Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

15 y/o
                  This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hello Stan,

An odd selection, would you care to elaborate on how you came to such a conclusion? Fifteen years old is very young for such a murderer as Jack the Ripper.
                    Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Thanks for the vote Monty, Robert, et al.
                      Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

William Hardiman 15 or 16
                        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hello Stan,

Interesting conclusion. I would say though, you could argue that the murders spoke of experimentation, which points to youth.

Some food for thought.
                          Last edited by corey123; 12-30-2010, 02:43 AM.
                          Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

This is interesting, as the votes are, unlike most polls, cast out almost evenly. Later 20's is in the lead, but barly, only reaching about 40%

Interesting
                            Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Working...
                            X