Blackout Ripper Enquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackout Ripper Enquiry

Can anyone tell me the address where blackout victim Doris Jouannet aka Doris Robson, was dicovered ?. I have searched internets sites for it but have had no success.
    SCORPIO

Hi Scorpio

I don't know if it's any help but it was a ground floor 2 bedroomed flat in a hotel near Paddington railway station

Comment

I think we're getting confused here. Doris's husband, Henri, earned his living as a hotel manager, but Doris was found in the couple's flat in Sussex Gardens, which is a street running south-west to north-east between Praed Street and the Bayswater Road. I can't seem to find a house number.

Frank van Oploo had an interesting thread about the Blackout Ripper on the old boards: http://www.casebook.org/forum/messages/4927/17094.html

Comment

All about the Blackout Ripper........

allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Yes, apologies

I always thought the address was within a hotel

On re-reading the sources this is not the case

According to this reference the address is 187 Sussex Gardens, Mayfair

Regards

Nemo

Comment

Thanks everyone. I think the Blackout Ripper deserves his own thread, as it is such a good comparison case to JtR in terms of time,geographic location and the modus operandi involved.
            SCORPIO

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
              According to this reference the address is 187 Sussex Gardens, Mayfair
              Very clever of you to find the street address, Nemo. That was more than I could do.

I'm surprised that the source says the location is Mayfair, though. There has been some talk on another thread about how Londoners are sometimes vague about geographical boundaries; even so, I don't see how anyone could place Sussex Gardens in Mayfair. I'd say Paddington or, at a stretch, Marylebone. Mayfair is, however, definitely up the street and around the corner.

And, I agree with Scorpio that the case has some interesting features.

Comment

I'm not familiar with London myself GM but it does match the description "near Paddington Station"

I think Cummins must have been one of the most brutal murderers of all to contemplate utilising weapons such as a tin opener to inflict horrific mutilation on his trusting victims - a true Ripper

He was a bit lax in covering his tracks though and displays a measure of mental imbalance IMO

Comment

I know Cummins was based in Regents Park somewhere, but i dont know the address, anyone?
                  SCORPIO

Comment

Cummins was based in a an RAF requisitioned block of flats in St John's Wood.
                    Don't know the address,

Comment

Working...
                    X