Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: Whitechappel Horror. Edward B Hanna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: Whitechappel Horror. Edward B Hanna

Just picked it up out of habit (I have been collecting the series since last year, and they have had varying levels of success), but haven't had a chance to read it yet. Will review it after I have put my feet up at christmas and driven through my reading list.
    There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Ok, so having found time to read the book; It is no better or worse than many other Holmes Vs Ripper match ups. It does tend towards the "Royal" theories, though not always the ones you expect, and the foot notes are nice and mostly well researched for anybody who is not a Holmes or Ripper enthusiast. That said, the story feels a little bland by not having an awful lot to say or do that is particularly new, other than a nice idea about how a potential Ripper might move around unseen. (Although it does rely on steam trains not being dirty great beasts, especially when confined under ground).
    There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

Holmes vs. Ripper?

I want to see him matched against Frankenstein some more!
      mixed martial arts

Comment

Just out of curiosity, Ninja, what's the title of the novel that features Holmes vs. Frankenstein's monster?

Comment

I read this the first time it came out, then recollected it as part of the new series. Yes, it hints at the Royal theory, but Holmes tells Watson "It was not the young Prince." The story ends with the Ripper defeated, but no name attached to the suspect.

I imagine this was because there was in reality no definite person named as JtR. Holmes discovering the identity and then revealing it would need inclusion of the clues leading to the named suspect and would turn into a Ripper Theory Novel rather than good fiction.

I give the book 8/10
          And the questions always linger, no real answer in sight

Comment

Working...
          X