Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripperologist Christmas, 2010-2011

Hello All,

It has come upon us again. The time of Christmas, a time of giving, a time of caring, a time of sitting by a warm fire to read a good book on our favorite, or the opposite rather, serial killer, Jack the Ripper.

Anyhow, Just wanted to start a pub talk to perhaps make some good from this month, as it well should be a good month, to talk of whatever. What is on your christmas list? Any good books worth recommending? Any movies?

Just talk, so we don't bother hi-jacking anyones threads, naming no-one of course

Hope you all are having a wounderful month as of yet, considering it just started.

Happy Holidays

Corey
    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

By the way everytime this thread dissapears, I will bump it, not letting this one dissapear. We need christmas discussion Well at least happy, nice, civil conversations, about anything.
    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Bump
      Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Yes, it doesn't take long for this time of the year to come around again - Merry Christmas and all the best for the new year to our forums members.

Cheers,
        Adam.

Comment

Hello Adam,

Hope you have a good holiday. Are you planning to do anything for christmas?
          Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

I think my Christmas will be something along the lines of many other people, Corey - celebrate with all the family, have a few arguments, a few drinks, a few gifts and that'll be about it. Christmas falls in summer time down here so it's celebrated somewhat differently that in winter elsewhere in the world. And what about you?

Cheers,
            Adam.

Comment

Same, except this will be the last chrismas my family will spend together under one roof. My brothers, one 19, the other 18 will be gone next year. One is going to leave for the Navy, and the other off somewhere else. I will be living at college. However, It might, hopefully snow sometime around here.

It was pretty cold today, it rained all night an I got soaked working as I had drive through with the wind a rain somehow point at the store.

Freezing.
              Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Perhaps we should do the same thing we did last year. Anybody have any interesting books they plan to buy for chrismas? Ripper or non ripper?
                Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

bumping
                  Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Originally posted by corey123 View Post
                    Same, except this will be the last chrismas my family will spend together under one roof. My brothers, one 19, the other 18 will be gone next year. One is going to leave for the Navy, and the other off somewhere else. I will be living at college. However, It might, hopefully snow sometime around here.

It was pretty cold today, it rained all night an I got soaked working as I had drive through with the wind a rain somehow point at the store.

Freezing.

I'm bumping back dude.

Then this will likely be a sentimental one for your parents, Corey, and I can see you already know it will be the start of a big transition for your whole family. I wish you all a happy Christmas together this year, and all the years following.
                    "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Hello Celestia,

Same to you. Yes, this will be very sentamental for them, the vary last.

Its finally starting to snow over, here, thankfully.
                      Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

We're OK for the fire. We bought half a cord of split birch last summer and it's nice and dry now. Snow? Not a problem. There is an inch or so on the ground, and I'm sure we'll get more by Christmas Eve. Presents for the out-of-town family have been wrapped and mailed---although still a couple to buy for my wife and middle child. Two of our three children will be coming home this year, so it should be a very happy Christmas.

Me? Once again I will send Santa a letter asking for a VG copy of William Stewart's book in a VG dust wrapper. The wrapper is the key. But, I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Hello Maurice,

Sounds like you have everything there under control. It snowed while I was working on Sunday and we got about an inch, but it was short lived and was more around my work rather than my home. Even though it has snowed in Knoxville this whole week.

Presents, well I have yet to go buy the family gifts. I plan to finally buy letters from hell, and a great book on psychology. Other than that I just want to see the Philidealphia eagles make it to the superbowl.

Most of my Family is in Virginia Beach, Virginia and in Modesto California so it will be only my mom, dad, and my two brothers, providing one of them doesn't leave for the Navy early.

As for the fire, we have a bit of wood for a bon-fire we sometimes light when it gets snowy and when we have people over, usually on christmas we have a party and we light it, but indoors we have a gas-fire place so not much work for that. However, today I spent a good portion of the day on the roof, getting lights up. A pain, I tell ya, and it sucks that in a month I will be back up there taking them down.

Tomorrow I am going up to Pigeon Forge to buy so gifts for the family.

Happy holidays everyone.
                          Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Snow Storm in Knoxville

I took these after coming home from work.
                            Attached Files
                            Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Love it, Corey. Very Christimasy.

Sadly, our tree is still sitting on the deck in a bucket of water. It doesn't seem to stop raining or snow-spritzing long enough for the tree to dry out enough to bring inside. Hopefully we can get it in by Sunday, as the rain seems to have stopped...so far.

Happy Christmas to all.
                              "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Working...
                              X