Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diary of Jack the Ripper diary about to be exposed

Hi,
    Just found this site after talking to the publishers of a new book that is about to expose how and by whom the diary of Jack the Ripper was created and why.

It should be ready to tell the world on 8.8.8

Will be intresting to say the least what is exposed by this.

OK..Any claims that MJK was not a victim of JTR are going to hit a brick wall with me.
    I guess thats the modern way to sell a JTR book. How about some practical research and formulating ones own theories? I guess if this book is trying to do that I dont have much faith in the authors investigative techniques.

Comment

Area Nine Publishing, besides creating this book, is also behind a site on bodybuilding (including sales of a book encouraging the use of home-brewed steroids) and another pushing insane political conspiracy theories (this one advertising a book claiming that racism is a good thing).

The odds that this will have anything worth reading would seem to be very, very low...

Dan Norder
      Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
      Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

Dan:

It does not mention an author... or have I missed it and its somewhere ? I thought it was a late April´s Fool joke !

Comment

Wow! Hey, did Jack the Ripper really write a Diary? Wow double wow! This is hot news! I gotta buy that book! How come this Diary thing has never been picked up before? Where have we all been?

S Park
          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

I think the majority of people that come here are Europeans, actually.

Comment

How can the secret of Jack the Ripper reside at 13 Miller Court if the Miller Court murderer was not Jack the Ripper....

Seems a little odd.
              “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Thank you Dan and Graham!!

...you have both made my evening...and I am now cleaning up the Diet Coke that I spewed at my PC screen while laughing...

The combo of JTR, bodybuilding, homebrewed steroids, insane political theories, and racism can only mean one thing...

Tom Wescott has finally launched his own site!! , did I say that??
                Cheers,
                cappuccina

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys!"

Comment

Maybe a psychic visited 13 Millers Court, learned that Kelly herself was the real Ripper, and that Joe Barnett did her in for it?

Comment

A book released on the 8th year of this millenium,
                    On the 8th month,
                    On the 8th day,
                    Probably at the 8th hour,
                    During the 8th minute,
                    will probably be read for 8 seconds,
                    by 8 people,

And the author will get 8mail!!

It looks like another Trenouth book,
                    Regards Mike

Comment

This was posted by JacktheKnife on the wrong thread!

Posted by JacktheKnife over on the "Torso Newspaper thread"

You are wrong on that count (the rascist book), that is written by another person from another publishers from conspiracypenpal.com and has nothing to do with area 9 publishing. That is a fact.

I have read the other books from these publishers (bodybuilding books only at present, no rascism so far) and the books do not contain any info on home brewed steroids, if it does I missed it and even if it does so what? I doubt they will be including this in their book on Jack the Ripper, although you can never say never, maybe steriods were why Jack was so angry
                      It covers steroids because bodybuilders take steroids, fact of life so it is included in just one of their titles, the other titles focus on natural non-steroid ways of training to get bigger and healthier.

Anyway that is beyond the point. The catalouge of most publishers are not always what we would all read or like which does not mean that their other offerings will not be any good, publishers take on many different titles which is their job in the most part and does not define the publishers themselves.

Most of the books on Jack the Ripper have wild and invalid theories but people still buy, read and even enjoy them so I do not see why any one with an open mind would discount these books out of hand without even reading them.

If the books look a little outlandish from inital claims when I see them out for sale I will simply borrow it for free so I get to read it without spending money. Anyone can do that, in the UK at least. I for one have a mind open enough to read about different theories. I am not so ruled by my ego to believe that no one else could come up with a theory that I do not agree with that may not, still, be right or at least worth considering.

If I am right (maybe be wrong,thats life) the book 'eyes and ears,' or 'ears and eyes', cannot remember the title, also claimed that Mary Kelly was not a victim of Jack the Ripper and put a very good case for this, at least I thought so. I still think Kelly was a victim of JTR but who really knows. I don't know and niether really does anyone else for 100%. It is all theories, even if some are better than others we still have no proof either way.

Regarding who wrote the diary of JTR it would be interesting to see who they say did write it. They may not say it was JTR and they may have evidence of who wrote it in a recent period. That is interesting to me as I am one of the few people I guess who are interested in the diary and I passed on the info because I thought others may be open minded enough to also be interested in who wrote the diary and why.

Anyway enough of me writing, just thought I'd throw in my two pennies worth. When or if I get to read any of these books I'll post a honest review to let you know what I thought of it before anyone wastes their money on buying it.
                      Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post
                        Area Nine Publishing, besides creating this book, is also behind a site on bodybuilding (including sales of a book encouraging the use of home-brewed steroids) and another pushing insane political conspiracy theories (this one advertising a book claiming that racism is a good thing).

The odds that this will have anything worth reading would seem to be very, very low...
                        Indeed.

Funny it has 9/11 "Twoofer" crap and Ron Paul--who published a racist newsletter . . . and when called on it claimed it was published by someone else . . . in his name!

"88" has a connotation that is not exactly pleasant.

I will check to see if people extend it to "888."

--J.D.
                        Last edited by Doctor X; 04-15-2008, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Here's a little trivia question for you all:

Which Ripper author has also perportedly published in white supremacy journals? Here's a clue - he's a member of the Whitechapel Society club and has appeared a number of times in their journal, as well as in Ripperana.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                            Here's a little trivia question for you all:

Which Ripper author has also perportedly published in white supremacy journals? Here's a clue - he's a member of the Whitechapel Society club and has appeared a number of times in their journal, as well as in Ripperana.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                            I think you mean John Pope (de L) - but is he an author?

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon Fell View Post
                              I think you mean John Pope (de L) - but is he an author?
                              Wasn't he the author of some self-published stuff years ago? Has anyone ever read it?

Cheers,

Graham
                              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Working...
                              X