Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liz Stride Re-Enactment

Hello All. Here it is.

I look forward to all the other versions.

Cheers.
    LC

Give that brave lady a 50 year old single malt! Well done! Dave
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

50 year old single malt?? Where???
      Interesting, but a little bit too tame a reenactment, in my humble opinion. (But I liked the Victorian hat, and your wife looks like a very nice person, Lynn.)
      Might I ask 2 questions? Were the cachous original? Do they really look black and huge like that? And that little piece of dialogue with Liz seeking for the door, we don't have any evidence about it, do we?
      Best regards,
      Maria

Comment

2 answers

Hello Maria. Yes, they look like that. Those were match tips.

No, we can't be certain where they met.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

Hmmm. Interesting. Spacious apartment they have. Too bad they can't afford furniture.

I agree with Maria, though. Where the heck do you get a fifty-year-old single malt? The best I can usually find 'round where I live is about 30. I assume that a 50 costs about a buck a drop.

Comment

Hello GM,

The MaCallan 1926 is a 60 year old malt and is very very expensive. But the oldest is the Lalique, a 64 years old variety, found here..

There is a MaCallan 50 year old, the MaCallan 1952, and there are various others ranging from 50-60 years old.

Should you happen to be of a generous disposition, I tend to favour the 1926, although the new Lalique, "Cire Perdue" 64 year old looks a goodie.
            The Lalique decanter, complete with the drops of pure gold, will be auctioned on the 15th November in New York I believe. Just let them know if you are interested by registering your bid, and Christmas will indeed be a happy one...for me..lol

Lynn, just as an afterthought, when someone is suddenly grabbed, the muscles tense up I believe, which means the gripping of the cachous and non release would be natural, in my opinion.

best wishes

Phil
            Last edited by Phil Carter; 11-06-2010, 04:33 AM.
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
            Accountability? ....

Comment

Hello, Lynn.
              THAT huge match tips? How long are the matches, about an arm's length?!
              The Grave Maurice wrote:
              Spacious apartment they have. Too bad they can't afford furniture.

I have the feeling that this is a room at the University, Maurice.
              I LOVE single malt Scotch, and from the blended sorts I love Chivas. I'm afraid I'm pretty low on booze at home (in Berlin), I only have about half a bottle of Glenfiddich, a couple years old and starting to taste stale (is this normal?), a few drops left out of a Four Roses bourbon (which is good), and a bottle of 50 years old, brown Armagnac. The latter is a poem, especially after a heavy meal.
              Best regards,
              Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                ...I tend to favour the 1926....
                OK, Phil, I'm going to get Santa to bring you a case. I just hope none of the bottles break when he drops it down your chimney.

Comment

To Phil Carter:
                  I thought Lalique was a glass (and jewellery) designer. Do they also make whiskey, or just the decanter? I happen to know about them for them being the sponsors of the Trophée Lalique, an important figure skating competition which takes place every November in Paris at the Bercy ice rink. Nowadays they have a different sponsor though, and they call it the Trophée Éric Bombard. Still, it's fascinating to go see the comp, see how the pros work their jumps, and afterwards we all gather at a cheap restaurant just behind the rink and one can totally interact and chat with the pros and the choreographers. (The coaches are more aloof, and I would never dare to approach them. I happen to train at that same ice rink early on Sunday mornings when in Paris, at least when I manage to get up before 7.00 and run to the métro on Sunday.)
                  Best regards,
                  Maria

Comment

right

Hello Phil

"just as an afterthought, when someone is suddenly grabbed, the muscles tense up I believe, which means the gripping of the cachous and non release would be natural, in my opinion."

You are right, of course.

The talk of the single malt reminds me of the story of the Scots chieftain who sent his men on a raid. They returned with 100 bottles of Scotch and a loaf of bread. The chieftain eyes the catch and queries, "Well, noo, who d'ye think's goin' to eat all tha' bread?"

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

money

Hello Maurice. That was a rented building. Rent plus deposit--L200. Same for the camcorder. Now, you KNOW I must have been serious since people of my race are not keen on spending money.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

All that talk about single malt made me pour a generous glass of Four Roses Kentucky bourbon. Yum... tastes great with some mexican chips I'm having. (I know, super healthy lifestyle...)
                        Best regards,
                        Maria

Comment

Unless you know why a member of the IWMC wants Liz Stride dead, then its just speculation I'm afraid. You don't have any reason why a member of IWMC would want a lowly hooker dead, or even a single member would want her dead.

And BTW your scenario would still have blood on the wall, which was not found on the crime scene.

Kudos to your wife btw for going through that btw .

Comment

answer

Hello Garza. Who even suggested a club member? Why not a guest?

No, there would be no blood whatsoever on the wall.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

Garza wrote:
                              And BTW your scenario would still have blood on the wall, which was not found on the crime scene.

I totally agree about the blood on (the lower part of) the wall in this reenactment. Plus, the knife was a bit small, and definitely not sharp enough. (But probably better this way, Lynn, as you used your wife and not some hired stunts person. )
                              Best regards,
                              Maria

Comment

Working...
                              X