Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, where is the MOdern BOhemian (MOBO) ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, where is the MOdern BOhemian (MOBO) ??

O.K.

I have read several books about artists and London in the Late Victorian Period (LVP), I have read a couple about the inimitable Daniel Farson and Soho in the 1950's; even Farson East End Pub "The Waterman's Arms" on the Isle of Dogs...the Colony Club and its pretty way-out clientele....

So, where in the year 2010, is London's hip, sick, wild, groovy, far-out-and-solid bars, clubs, joints, spots to go and have a gander?

Any clues? Come to think of it, and yeah I know "bohemian" can also, read "down and out"; tragic and lonely group of drunks, etcetera; somewhere for them to go out of the rain..

Has America or Canada or Europe-or Anywhere got any really groovy but lesser-known spots?

In Australia, where I live, one portion of Sydney was known as "Beerhemia"...
    Not any more. Someone even opened a coffee shop in Bondi backstreets called " THe Bohemian Cafe".... It wasn't.

Any thoughts?

JOHN RUFFELS>

Whitechapel And, allegedly, places south of the river, but being a North Londoner, I wouldn't step foot in them.

Further afield, Ljubljana; Kaliningrad; Belgrade and and Berlin (just).
    best,

claire

Comment

Mucho Obligio Clairio..

Thanks very much for your input Claire,

Sad to see the North/South divide has transferred from the American Civil War to present-day London!

I must confess, I have never been to any of those other cities you mention.

I'll put them in my little blue book with gold speckles on, and hope I remember to take it with me next time I travel.

JOHN RUFFELS.

Comment

Working...
      X