Hey everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everyone

Whats up everyone on Casebook. My name is Jordan and I just registered on the messageboard. I'm from North Carolina and am a huge fan of the JTR case so I look forward to chatting with you guys. (Hello to Stewart Evans and Caroline Morris-liked your Ripper Diary Insider book-I enjoy both your insight) Sorry this post seems so rushed I'm on lunchbreak from work.
    Later guys
    Jordan
    Oh one last thing this may be dumb I'm new to this whole messageboard thing how do you add a signature to your profile?

Welcome Chainz,

Go to your User CP, up in the left corner, in the army green border. Then go signature. It's right under settings and options. Enjoy your time here.

Best,

Cel

Oops! Make that "Welcome Jordan."
    "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Hey Cel,
      Thanks for the help, bonus points for you if you can tell me what movie I got the nickname ChainzCooper from. (Its kind of a cult classic especially among Southern boys such as myself sort of like The Big Lebowski or This is Spinal Tap) But anyways whats your favorite Ripper book?
      Jordan

Comment

I don't know! The closest I could get by a Google is something called The Wraith and something about a glam band with a guy named Staley. Guess I didn't win.

One of my favorite JtR books is by James Tully, The Secret of Prisoner 1167.
        It's a suspect book, with James Kelly as the Ripper, but it has some interesting facts that you don't find in most of the other books. It's very handy really. Then of course there's Evans' & Skinner's The Ultimate JTR Companion. I just bought one of those for my brother.
        "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Its from the movie Stone Cold starring my favorite actor of all time Lance Henriksen he plays Chains Cooper but I use it with a z . One of my favorite action films of all time. I actually own Prisoner 1167 it is a great book. Did you see the recent documentary on James Kelly called Jack the Ripper in America?

Comment

Ah, okay. Stone Cold was the first movie I came across, but I couldn't find a lot of details about it, so I thought it might not be that one.

I did see the documentary. It was not well received here though. Here is the most recent thread:

General discussion about anything Ripper related that does not fall into a specific sub-category. On topic-Ripper related posts only.

Comment

Hmm don't really understand why since Prisoner 1167 was right? I enjoyed hearing the Detective's perspective on everything I think it was interesting.
              Plus, didn't he gain access to the Broadmoor files that are sealed? Its been awhile since I've seen it.

Comment

Hi Jordan. Welcome aboard.

Good to see another Southern boy around.
                Best Wishes,
                Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Hi I love Spinal Tap

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                    Hi Jordan. Welcome aboard.

Good to see another Southern boy around.
                    I'm a Southern boy too, Hunter, and can sing the Dixie in Provençal.
                    Which makes it a bit sweeter, I reckon.

Amitiés,
                    David

Comment

Originally posted by ChainzCooper View Post
                      Hmm don't really understand why since Prisoner 1167 was right? I enjoyed hearing the Detective's perspective on everything I think it was interesting.
                      Plus, didn't he gain access to the Broadmoor files that are sealed? Its been awhile since I've seen it.
                      RE the documentary: They made some mistakes, Jordan, and that gives people the strong impression that the research was not done. It's less about James Kelly, for me at least, than about the mistakes. Also, they didn't treat Wolf right.

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
                        Hi I love Spinal Tap
                        Meee, too!

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                          I'm a Southern boy too, Hunter, and can sing the Dixie in Provençal.
                          Which makes it a bit sweeter, I reckon.

Amitiés,
                          David
                          But, mon cher David, can you sing it as well as Elvis did?

Comment

Yeah I remember the Detective stating that the murdered prostitute in New York was the 10th victim becuase of an X he thought was carved on her body, so that would be going back all the way to, lets see, Annie Millwood that would make ten right? But I thought he just went back to Ada Wilson's attack which would make nine if I'm counting right. But Emma Smith was killed by a gang right? So the math doesn't really add up. Maybe someone can fill me in I can't remember how far he went back.

Comment

Originally posted by Celesta View Post
                              But, mon cher David, can you sing it as well as Elvis did?
                              Of course I can, Cel.

You should also hear me covering Ninjaman's "My Weapon".

Usually, people faint.

Comment

Working...
                              X