Natalie Holloway- new discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natalie Holloway- new discovery

It has just broken in the news that a couple from Pennsylvania was recently vacationing in Aruba and taking underwater photos while scuba diving, and though not noticing it at the time they saw in one of their developed photos what looked like human skeletal remains on the ocean bottom, and the natural conclusion is that this may be the remains of Natalie Holloway. It's my understanding that a new search is now underway to pin down the exact location of this find and hopefully recover the remains.

To me, the photo seems to show a spinal column with individual vertebrae clearly evident, and a skull half buried in the ocean bottom. Definitely intriguing. It's also my understanding that the prime suspect in the case, Yoram Van Der Sloot, has actually confessed to some of his friends as to what happened to Natalie and has even been caught on tape saying that he met her in a club and they were basically partying together and went to a beach to fool around, and that at some point he realized that she had gone unconscious and didn't know if she was alive or dead. Maybe she'd had too much to drink, maybe he'd accidentally smothered her, or whatever. But he panicked and didn't want to get accused of murder, so he called some friends to help him and they took Natalie out in a boat and dumped her in the ocean, and she may or may not have still been alive at the time, and despite his off the record confessions the police don't feel there is enough evidence to convict the guy. That's my understanding from the various accounts I've heard, so I'd like to open a thread for anyone who has any information to the contrary or who has any opinions about the underwater photo that's just been released in the media.

If they are able to recover Natalie's remains from the ocean floor, what would the next step be? How could that discovery be linked to Van der Sloot? Is there any chance of his ever being convicted? If not, god, it is so maddening. If he'd just come forward immediately from the beginning, Natalie's death may have been ruled an accident and any incarceration for his part in it might be over by now.
    Last edited by kensei; 03-21-2010, 12:51 PM.

It does look as if the body is weighted down with a large rock. If so, that wouldn't have been an accident.

Cheers,

Mike
    huh?

Comment

Van Der Sloot Implicated in Another Murder

A young woman has been found murdered in a hotel room in Lima Peru. The room was booked to Joran van der Sloot. At present he is believed to have fled the country. Interpol is looking for him and he is thought to be in Chile. The murder is believed to have happened Monday which would put it five years almost to the day after Holloway.

Comment

I hope they get him this time and nail his balls to the wall. And I've heard the peruvian penal system sucks.

Let all Oz be agreed;
        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

I don't know how international cases like this work. I wonder if van der Sloot would be able to confess what happened with Natalee Holloway and face Aruban justice rather than face Peruvian justice?

I just hope we will finally be able to find out what really happened to Natalee.

Comment

also....

anyone who is responsbile for releasing this young man back into the world should be held liable for the lives of anyone else who turns up dead because of him. I truly believe this is a serial killer of the most brazen sort.

Comment

The only way that would work is if he manages to escape South America and get back to the Netherlands AND Aruba decides to petition for extradition. Or I imagine if he gets back and his family brokers a deal for him to go to Aruba and face justice there but regardless, even if he goes to Aruba first and he serves his sentence, I have a feeling Peru would be waiting for him when he got out.

He screwed up royally this time and the father of the girl he killed has pull in Peru, unlike before when it was his father who had the weight.

Basically, he's screwed.
              Last edited by Ally; 06-03-2010, 03:54 AM.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

I suspect that even if he returned to Aruba, confessed his guilt, and led the authorities to the remains, the Aruban authorities would come up with some reason not to imprison him.

But he was really stupid this time. I am going to guess that they don't catch him alive.

Comment

Here's a CNN article/videos on Van der Sloot and the Peruvian murder. Apparently the police found "date rape" pills in the victim's car.

Joran van der Sloot, the Dutch man once considered a suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, is the suspect in the killing of a woman in Peru, Peruvian police officials said Wednesday.

Here's a news video too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N4IFeTVpO0

The news video points out that Natalee Holloway disappeared on May 30, 2005
                  and the Peruvian woman was last seen alive on May 30th, 2010.

Poor girls... Hope they nail him this time.

Best regards,
                  Archaic
                  Last edited by Archaic; 06-03-2010, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post

But he was really stupid this time. I am going to guess that they don't catch him alive.
                    I had the same thought. I really don't think this spoiled rich princess is going to stand the thought of life crapping down a hole in a concrete floor, on a concrete bed. The only way they'll catch him alive is if he's actually so arrogant he doesn't realize he'll be caught. If they give him enough time to stop and think and for the flight response to ease a bit, and give him some time to realize the bind he's in....possibly they'll find him hanging in some hotel room somewhere. But I honestly think he's just too arrogant to appreciate the mess he's in. He's one of the few cases and that's one of the few places I'd totally like to see life in prison for. I think that would be worse than death for him.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

He's caught. Let the games begin.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
                        I am going to guess that they don't catch him alive.
                        One day one of my predictions will come true and then I will claim psychic powers.

Comment

Oh man. The depths of scummery are just unbelievable. There's apparently been a lawsuit filed in Alabama against this dirtbag. He is now accused of saying he'll tell them where the body of Natalee is located if he was paid 250,000 bucks. $15,000 was transferred as a downpayment and he is now charged with extortion and wire fraud. NOt that it will matter, I don't want him in an American prison and I am sure the Holloways don't either. But I doubt they realized this was coming when they sting when down.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

hmmmmm....

Okay, he's tried to bribe someone with the location of Natalee's body. I'm assuming that took place a little while back and not within the past week? And for $250,000? I thought his family was well off, why would he be trying to set up a bribe?
                            And after that he alledgedly kills another girl?
                            Obviously this guy is having some sort of meltdown. I can't wait for the story to unfold.

Comment

His friends are reporting he's been desperate for money for a while now, even before the Alabama thing was made public. They were saying that money was probably the motive for the murder in Peru (???) but they figured he'd tried to weasel money out of the girl, she'd refused and he'd snapped. Supposedly the Alabama extortion happened just a couple of weeks ago at the beginning of May. The sad thing is, if they'd arrested him then, instead of waiting (for what?!) he may not have been able to murder this girl. As for his family being wealthy, just because the parents are rich doesn't necessarily mean they support their now grown son, and remember the father, who was the main bread winner, died a couple of years ago. It's possible Joran has to live off a trust which he's blown through.
                              Last edited by Ally; 06-04-2010, 02:25 PM.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Working...
                              X