Richard Nunweeks Missing Radio Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Nunweeks Missing Radio Show

Don't open the champagne just yet, but I have just got some information that there was a BBC radio show on the Royal connection broadcast in the first week of November 1970.

Could this be the broadcast Richard has been looking for?

Hello Bob,
    I would say hold back with the champagne also, as a simple deduction would make it almost impossible for a programme aired on the first week of November 1970 to have been the one , unless of course it was repeated at a later date.
    Reason being , I married on the 10th October that year, and upon arriving home from our honeymoon, went to live temporary with my in-laws and because of this, would have been unable to have listened to the broadcast sitting on my aunts settee, as I did not move into her house until 1971.
    The programme I heard was not 'Royal related' it was entitled ' The man that saw jack', and was mostly to do with the alleged sighting by Hutchinson.
    I would suggest that the programme may have been something to do with Stowells / Gulls/ syphilis patient/ alleged Duke of Clarence.
    Still one can only hope.
    Regards Richard.

Comment

Posysibly,

I understand this was a series over the week so one of the episodes might be the one you remember. Worth a check in the Radio Times surely?

What the hell has happened to the title?

Comment

Hello Bob,
        During the early 1970s there was a series running entitled 'The other Victorians', which I did manage to come across when I visited Brighton University, and searched all those Radio times, although none of these would have been the one.
        I seem to recall some publicity around that time, regarding Stowells findings, It was in the press for sure, and more then likely on radio.
        But I can say for sure the first week in November is a No No.
        Regards Richard.

Comment

Bugger!

Comment

Working...
          X