X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumbelow

Hi all, quick query:

Is there a distinction between Rumbelows "the complete JtR"
    & Rumbelows "JtR the complete casebook".

Many thanks casebookers...

Try this link, LJ.

Regards.

Garry Wroe.

Comment

Cheers Garry.

My wondering is though, related to this

As it doesn't appear to be the same item as in your link.

Anyone know if they are the same or different books?

regards

Comment

The book on your link is a compendium with which I'm unfamiliar, LJ, and doesn't appear to have a Rumbelow connection. Try the menu to the top-left of your screen and click on 'Ripper Media.' There you'll find reviews on virtually everything Ripper.

Good hunting.

Garry Wroe.

Comment

Hi LJ,

There is a book called "Jack the Ripper; the casebook" but it is writen by Richard Jones, not Don Rumbelow.

Yours truly
          Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

'Jack the Ripper: The Complete Casebook' and 'The Complete Jack the Ripper' are the same book. The 'Jack the Ripper: The Complete Casebook' was a revised and updated version that was published in America in 1988 (HB) and 1990 (PB). The book was first published in 1975 and revised in the UK in 1988 (same as the American edition) and revised again 2004 all under 'The Complete Jack the Ripper' title.
            The 2004 Penguin Books edition is the one to go for.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
              'Jack the Ripper: The Complete Casebook' and 'The Complete Jack the Ripper' are the same book. The 'Jack the Ripper: The Complete Casebook' was a revised and updated version that was published in America in 1988 (HB) and 1990 (PB). The book was first published in 1975 and revised in the UK in 1988 (same as the American edition) and revised again 2004 all under 'The Complete Jack the Ripper' title.
              The 2004 Penguin Books edition is the one to go for.

Rob
              Aha!

Thank you Mr Clack!
              I have The complete... by the esteemed Mr Rumbelow.

I also have Mr Jones Casebook (I do like the facsimilie documents).

Thanks too Mr Clack for "the london of..." which I also have.#

cheers all!

Comment

Working...
              X