Stephenson's Fables & Sapient Conclusions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephenson's Fables & Sapient Conclusions

Thread for discussing the claims, stories and prevarications of Robert Stephenson, known affectionately to one and all as Roslyn D'onston.

Roslyn D'Onstan wasn't anything if not Arthurian. I think that's why we like him, Howard. D'Onstan might even refer to St. Dunstan, Abbey of Glastonbury, reputed resting place of the Grail.

What's in a pseudonym? His name is a dead giveaway as to what category to place his stories and claims. We can start there.

I read about the Knowe of Onston in Orkney. The Knowe of Onston was a "chambered cairne". (www.megalithic.co.uk....) I take it, Onston means a labyrinth. He certainly is that.

Comment

As Robert D'Onston Stephenson was his birth name, kudos must go to the Mother and Father, RDS did not adopt the rather unusual sounding "Roslyn" until later years.

Welcome to the boards Strambo, and to the wonderful and often world of Robert D'Onston Stephenson.
      Regards Mike

Comment

Dear Strambo:

Its a shame in a way that Stephenson wasn't named "Corky" or "Joe Bob" by his parents...he'd be a lot less interesting to us,true...but a lot less profitable to the liars who made money on him in the past.

Comment

Speaking of prevarication, I thought it was you who found his plagiarism from The Coming Race. Or was it Rider Haggard. My discovery was from The Last Days Of Pompeii.
          The talisman of the Sube story may have its roots in the Bulwer-Lytton's Vril staff.

Comment

O ! Sapient Conclusion, my Austro-Cossack friend !!

It was none other than my brother from another mother, Mark Franzoi, Toronto's answer to Allen Pinkerton and the man who put the bang in the Gang Of Four

Comment

Working...
            X