The Ripper and DNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ripper and DNA

I just wanted to know if anyone proposed testing Joseph Gorman sic Sickert (even if he has passed on) to see if he has a genetic link to not only Walter Sickert, but to the House of Hanover/Windsor?

I figure if they can confirm that Anastasia did in fact die with her family in 1917, maybe they can confirm or disapprove Knight's and Gorman's claims.

Come to think of it, DNA can also lay to question whether or not Prince Victor Albert had syphilis. That would confirm or disapprove another Ripper theory.

Has this been proposed before?

ps. I won't even mention whether or not Sickert wrote any of the Jack the Ripper letters...

i doubt youd be able to get any of walter sickerts dna to be fair.

im also doubtful the royal family would allow their dna to be used for this.
    if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

I don't think it's possible to just dig people up to obtain bits for DNA analysis on the minute chance that they might prove or disprove a theory. It's not cheap - and it's not ethical. Besides, DNA does not give us all of the answers we seek. As someone said on Radio Four yesterday, people are viewing DNA as if it's 'total and complete truth' and it is not at all.

Comment

I'm just saying Sickert/Knight goes around saying that he's the heir to the British throne....wouldn't you want to have more than just someone's word...while at the same time ruining the reputation of people---Sir William Gull+Prince Eddy---who have nothing to do witht the Ripper. Remember, he's a guy accusing the two above mentioned people of being a cold hearted killer(s).

As for unethical? How is finding out the truth unethical? Historians are always using genetic testing to prove history's mysteries. They did it prove that Lincoln had bone disease, that Anastasia was really killed in 1917 vs that lying hussy who made millions off of her story, and that another US president wasn't assassinated. I'm just saying a crime has been committed and no one wants the theories to end. I mean they even dug up Lee Harvey Oswald just to make sure that he wasn't replaced by a KGB imposter.
        Last edited by Gman992; 01-31-2010, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Hello Gman992!

Well, the material of the JtR murders has passed through hundreds - if not thousands - of hands during these years.

So; which dna?! Where?!

All the best
          Jukka
          "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gman992 View Post

that another US president wasn't assassinated. .
            I'm not familiar with this. Which president?

Thanks,

curious

Comment

Originally posted by curious View Post
              I'm not familiar with this. Which president?

Thanks,

curious
              Hello curious,

John F Kennedy, shot,1963
              William McKinlay, shot 1901
              James Garfield, shot, fatally wounded, 1881
              Abraham Linclon, shot 1865

best wishes

Phil
              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
              Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                Hello curious,

John F Kennedy, shot,1963
                William McKinlay, shot 1901
                James Garfield, shot, fatally wounded, 1881
                Abraham Linclon, shot 1865

best wishes

Phil
                Thanks, Phil,

But I know those.

My question was in response to Gman992's statement: "Historians are always using genetic testing to prove history's mysteries. They did it prove that Lincoln had bone disease, that Anastasia was really killed in 1917 vs that lying hussy who made millions off of her story, and that another US president wasn't assassinated."

My question is which of those 4 has DNA proven was not assassinated? I've never heard anything about that.

curious

Comment

How can DNA prove or disprove that someone was or wasnt assassinated?
                  Regards Mike

Comment

List of Assassination attempts on American Presidents care of the ever wonderful Wiki
                    Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                      List of Assassination attempts on American Presidents care of the ever wonderful Wiki
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...mpts_and_plots
                      Hello Mike,

Thats a list of possibly 20 Presidents!
                      And I thought the Brits didn't like their Prime Ministers!

Mind you, I think I am correct in saying that Queen Victoris survived 7 assasination attempts? (I could be wrong)

No wonder people talk of "conspiracy"...LOL

best wishes

Phil
                      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                      Accountability? ....

Comment

One of Queen Victoria's would be assassins was a former Hull boy, but that's another story...
                        Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                          How can DNA prove or disprove that someone was or wasnt assassinated?
                          Sheer guesswork here since Gman hasn't been back to answer.

But I'm guessing it refers to the persistent stories that Kennedy survived the gunshot wound and lived for many years in an exclusive rest home, often visited by Jackie Kennedy.

DNA testing could possibly prove that the man in the rest home had Kennedy genes.

Again, simply guessing here. Would love to have Gman come back and enlighten on this.

curious

Comment

And Kennedy has what to do with Jack the Ripper?

Comment

Working...
                            X